Piwigo.org

You are not logged in. (Register / Login)

Announcement

#1 2010-01-15 13:31:34

Polly
Translation Team
Registered: 2010-01-15
Posts: 60

pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

Hello,

why not include pLoader as a Plugin for BlueMarine or Lightroom or any other photo-management-software?
BlueMarine: http://bluemarine.tidalwave.it
Lightroom: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

This would be easier for most of the users. Combining the management functions from BlueMarine with the upload-function from pLoader.

by my self, i dont know how to programm java required by BlueMarine.

I prefer BlueMarine because:
- Free and OpenSource
- Plattform independent (Java)
- Plugin "interface" <-- Allows to install plugins easily, hopefully also makes it easier to programm the Plugin for BlueMarine

Somebody interessted?

Greetz
Polly

Offline

#2 2010-01-15 22:23:19

plg
Piwigo Team
Location: Paris, France, Europe
Registered: 2002-04-05
Posts: 12213
Website

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

Hi Polly,

Polly wrote:

why not include pLoader as a Plugin for BlueMarine or Lightroom or any other photo-management-software?

In 2010 I have 2 big projects concerning Piwigo development are:
1) A complete review of administration pannel usability => the goal is to simplify for basic usage
2) Simplify photo upload

Let's talk about the "simplify photo upload" project.

After many years with a single method to add photos, ie local resize+FTP+synchronization, we have decided to make things simpler. Here comes pLoader. With pLoader, you don't need to "prepare" your photos before FTP upload, you don't care about FTP and you don't fear the synchronization process. pLoader is the first step in the "simplify photo upload" project. pLoader is designed to be the simplest way to transfer your photos from your camera to your Piwigo gallery.

The drawback with pLoader is that you have to download+install another software on your computer. Furthermore pLoader is not compatible with all operating system versions.

The next steps in the "simplify photo upload" project:

1) rewrite the web form to upload photos, see [Forum, topic 15264] Shutter photo gallery software, web based upload, dynamic sorting

2) write export plugins for photo organizer softwares like Picasa/Digikam/F-Spot/Aperture/iPhoto/LightRoom

Polly wrote:

BlueMarine: http://bluemarine.tidalwave.it
Lightroom: http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

This would be easier for most of the users. Combining the management functions from BlueMarine with the upload-function from pLoader.

by my self, i dont know how to programm java required by BlueMarine.

I prefer BlueMarine because:
- Free and OpenSource
- Plattform independent (Java)
- Plugin "interface" <-- Allows to install plugins easily, hopefully also makes it easier to programm the Plugin for BlueMarine

I didn't know the BlueMarine project, this is the very first time I hear about it. I think that Digikam and F-Spot are the priorities in the opensource world (and of course, we're very interested in opensource project, but we are also pragmatic and we know that Picasa/LightRoom/iPhoto are much more used).

Polly wrote:

Somebody interessted?

The only problem is time available :-) And even if I think Digikam/F-Spot should be the priorities, it all depends on what the community focuses on. As I already said for Digikam [Forum, topic 15582] From Digikam-users mailing-list ... or F-Spot (private emails), anybody working on such export plugins will get my full help :-) If you find some BlueMarine developers interested in the "export to Piwigo" plugin, tell him/her to come here and ask for help! (on the Piwigo side I mean, on the way to use Piwigo API)


Latest blog post on Piwigo.com: Referral program gets stronger for summer 2014 (June 27th, 2014)

Offline

#3 2010-02-03 22:23:11

Boris
Member
Location: Woustviller
Registered: 2006-12-21
Posts: 2

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

Hi,

don't forget Bibble 5 : http://bibblelabs.com/

This is a powerful commercial software available for Windows, OSX and Linux ;)

regards,

PS : I really would like to help you to write a "universal" upload software but pLoader is written in perl and I don't know perl.

Does pLoader use a special piwigo API to upload and synchronize ?

Last edited by Boris (2010-02-03 22:23:57)

Offline

#4 2010-02-03 22:31:29

plg
Piwigo Team
Location: Paris, France, Europe
Registered: 2002-04-05
Posts: 12213
Website

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

Hi Boris,

Boris wrote:

don't forget Bibble 5 : http://bibblelabs.com/

This is a powerful commercial software available for Windows, OSX and Linux ;)

I'll take a look a it.

Boris wrote:

PS : I really would like to help you to write a "universal" upload software but pLoader is written in perl and I don't know perl.

Let's be more pragmatic: which language do you know?

Boris wrote:

Does pLoader use a special piwigo API to upload and synchronize ?

Yes, pLoader communicates with Piwigo with the web API, have a look at [wiki] pwg.images.add & pwg.images.addChunk

For your information, an export plugin for Digikam is under preparation and has already been commited into the SVN repository, see http://piwigo.org/code/wsvn/Piwigo/exte … am_export_


Latest blog post on Piwigo.com: Referral program gets stronger for summer 2014 (June 27th, 2014)

Offline

#5 2010-02-03 22:32:51

plg
Piwigo Team
Location: Paris, France, Europe
Registered: 2002-04-05
Posts: 12213
Website

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

plg wrote:

Boris wrote:

PS : I really would like to help you to write a "universal" upload software but pLoader is written in perl and I don't know perl.

Let's be more pragmatic: which language do you know?

Your forum signature tells me more than your email address, it also tells me that you like Ruby :-)


Latest blog post on Piwigo.com: Referral program gets stronger for summer 2014 (June 27th, 2014)

Offline

#6 2010-02-03 22:48:16

plg
Piwigo Team
Location: Paris, France, Europe
Registered: 2002-04-05
Posts: 12213
Website

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

plg wrote:

Boris wrote:

don't forget Bibble 5 : http://bibblelabs.com/

This is a powerful commercial software available for Windows, OSX and Linux ;)

I'll take a look a it.

1) I like their website, we should get inspired from it to improve piwigo.org :-)

2) Bibble looks very interesting. Compared to LightRoom, which is just another product in Adobe software list, Bibble seems to be the only software from BibbleLabs. They focus on it. That's a good point.


Latest blog post on Piwigo.com: Referral program gets stronger for summer 2014 (June 27th, 2014)

Offline

#7 2010-02-03 22:54:41

starRider
Member
Registered: 2010-01-31
Posts: 18

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

And it runs under Linux as well :-)

//

Offline

#8 2010-02-03 23:13:55

tosca
Former Piwigo Team
Location: Cévennes (France)
Registered: 2006-09-23
Posts: 567
Website

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

plg wrote:

2) Bibble looks very interesting.

From what I can see from the few screencopies available, the interface looks very much like Digikam's.


My galleries : Photos, Watercolours, Recipes

Offline

#9 2010-11-10 15:28:29

plg
Piwigo Team
Location: Paris, France, Europe
Registered: 2002-04-05
Posts: 12213
Website

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

For people interested in Lightroom, please participate in the beta testing of the Publish to Piwigo Lightroom plugin : [Forum, topic 16629] Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation


Latest blog post on Piwigo.com: Referral program gets stronger for summer 2014 (June 27th, 2014)

Offline

#10 2010-11-10 15:31:51

plg
Piwigo Team
Location: Paris, France, Europe
Registered: 2002-04-05
Posts: 12213
Website

Re: pLoader as Lightroom or BlueMarina Plugin

And you can also test the Shotwell export plugin : [Forum, post 116809 by guillaumev in topic 16431] Photo organizer

Shotwell is the default photo organizer on Ubuntu 10.10 !


Latest blog post on Piwigo.com: Referral program gets stronger for summer 2014 (June 27th, 2014)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

twitter facebook google+ newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2014 · Contact