Announcement

  •  » Themes
  •  » [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

#1 2010-04-27 17:06:43

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13180

[Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

Hi theme coders,

In Piwigo 2.1, theme names are changing:

* "yoga/Sylvia" becomes "Sylvia"
* "gally/graphite" becomes "gally-graphite" (I think, grum please confirm)

In order to have the best possible upgrade script, I would like to perform the best possible mapping between 2.0 user_infos.template and 2.1 user_infos.theme.

Can you please tell me how your theme will be renamed? (before/after)


Latest blog post (November 9th 2018) Why Flickr could not remain free for ever

Offline

 

#2 2010-04-27 17:48:46

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06
6900

Re: [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

Currently for me it's :

floPure/green_nature => Pure_green_nature
floOs/clear => OS_clear


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

 

#3 2010-04-27 19:52:28

grum
Piwigo Team
Nantes
2007-09-10
1371

Re: [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

gally/graphite
- directory : gally-graphite
- name : Gally/Graphite

gally/grum-dark-II
- directory : gally-grum-dark-II
- name : Gally/Grum dark II

gally/lapis-lazuli
- directory : gally-lapis-lapzuli
- name : Gally/Lapis-lazuli

all themes depends of a specific parent theme
- directory : gally-default


My pictures with Piwigo, of course !
[ www.grum.fr ] [ photos.grum.fr ]

Offline

 

#4 2010-04-27 22:32:41

saimon
Member
2006-12-04
184

Re: [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

Hi,
good question (since I have not work on the migration yet ...), but I think that it will be: simple/grey → simple

Offline

 

#5 2010-04-27 23:09:08

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13
4098

Re: [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

flop25 wrote:

Currently for me it's :

floPure/green_nature => Pure_green_nature
floOs/clear => OS_clear

What about tr_green_nature theme for floPure?
What about glass, glass_clear, glass_dark and glass_dark_2 themes for floOs?


P@t

Offline

 

#6 2010-04-27 23:11:34

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06
6900

Re: [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

P@t wrote:

flop25 wrote:

Currently for me it's :

floPure/green_nature => Pure_green_nature
floOs/clear => OS_clear

What about tr_green_nature theme for floPure?
What about glass, glass_clear, glass_dark and glass_dark_2 themes for floOs?

well .. the same... it was examples
so
floPure/x => Pure_x
floOs/x=>OS_x

Last edited by flop25 (2010-04-27 23:12:10)


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

 

#7 2010-04-27 23:26:27

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13
4098

Re: [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

saimon wrote:

Hi,
good question (since I have not work on the migration yet ...), but I think that it will be: simple/grey → simple

Why not "simple-grey" or "simple-default"?
Because there are another simple themes (simple-white, simple-black, simple-Sunset...)

You can do like grum: simple-default is the parent theme (non-activable).
simple-grey, simple-white, etc... will use simple-default as parent theme.


P@t

Offline

 

#8 2010-04-28 01:04:50

saimon
Member
2006-12-04
184

Re: [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

P@t wrote:

Why not "simple-grey" or "simple-default"?
Because there are another simple themes (simple-white, simple-black, simple-Sunset...)

You can do like grum: simple-default is the parent theme (non-activable).
simple-grey, simple-white, etc... will use simple-default as parent theme.

I have the idea to add an option dark/clear, maybe one day ...
I don't understand the goal of the "non-activable" option ... derivated theme can inherit from simple and define their theme.css and voilà. This "non-activable" default thing seems like wanting to keep the actual template vs theme scheme but with adifferent directory structure.
But I have not looked yet at the new 2.1 way to make theme, maybe I miss the point.

Offline

 

#9 2010-04-28 12:53:30

P@t
Piwigo Team
Nice
2007-06-13
4098

Re: [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

saimon wrote:

P@t wrote:

Why not "simple-grey" or "simple-default"?
Because there are another simple themes (simple-white, simple-black, simple-Sunset...)

You can do like grum: simple-default is the parent theme (non-activable).
simple-grey, simple-white, etc... will use simple-default as parent theme.

I have the idea to add an option dark/clear, maybe one day ...
I don't understand the goal of the "non-activable" option ... derivated theme can inherit from simple and define their theme.css and voilà. This "non-activable" default thing seems like wanting to keep the actual template vs theme scheme but with adifferent directory structure.
But I have not looked yet at the new 2.1 way to make theme, maybe I miss the point.

Yo do like you want ;-)
But I'll prefer "simple-grey" for the theme name... it's more clear....
Other theme will be named "simple-white", simple-dark", etc... and this themes will use "simple-grey" as parent.

Coded in upgrade process: [Subversion] r5981


P@t

Offline

 
  •  » Themes
  •  » [Piwigo 2.1] names for your themes

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter facebook google+ newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2019 · Contact