Announcement

#1 2010-08-30 00:50:56

electra
2010-08-30

How can I move pictures without having to re-upload them?

Hello all.  I'm new to Piwigo.  Presently I use a different photo gallery (Linpha) and I want to migrate to Piwigo.  I have around 3000 pictures, arranged in categories and sub-categories.  What I would like to do is move them on the server from Linpha to Piwigo without having to re-upload each one again, keeping the same list of categories and sub-categories.  Can this be done?  I did do a search on this, found nothing about it, so if this has been covered, please point me in the right direction.  I don't even know the correct terminology for this kind of move.  Thanks in advance.

#2 2010-08-30 11:19:02

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Re: How can I move pictures without having to re-upload them?

It might be possible thanks to Remote site ability of Piwigo. The principle is that you place a PHP file in your current gallery, of which you give the URL to your new Piwigo gallery -- whatever is the URL of your Piwigo gallery. This PHP file ("create_listing_file.php") helps Piwigo to retrieve the pictures of your old gallery.

But read carefully the doc, and ask questions, to be sure of the possibilities and of the limitations. I've used this feature seldomly, and can be not clearly aware of its functionning.

EDIT :
By the way, it is not clearly a "move" of your pictures, but this is not significant ;-) .

Last edited by LucMorizur (2010-08-30 11:20:41)

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )
An event, a new gallery ? Plugin Event Cats
My test gallery : Tests Piwigo de Luc
Thanksalot for this beautiful project.

#3 2011-09-30 15:07:11

Irene Eng
New York
2011-05-18

Re: How can I move pictures without having to re-upload them?

Electra
Have you since figured it out?  I'd like to move my pix from Shutterfly to Piwigo too.
Thank you.
Irene

Board footer