Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » A selection of X photos from all categories

#1 2010-08-31 12:51:04

lehrer
2010-08-30

A selection of X photos from all categories

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a new feature in which the web-administrator can add a link to only X photos of each category?

I have namely quite of lot of photos of my holidays but not everyone is interested in seeing all photos. They would like to be able to see only some photos but from each category.

Can i as the administrator of my website add a link which will show only a (at random) selection of photos but from all categories? The selection of photos will be X photos per category. (X should be configurable).

(Or can a feature be added which will allow the guest to set for his session how many photos to view per category)

Gershon

#2 2010-09-03 03:30:39

donnah214
2010-09-03

Re: A selection of X photos from all categories

thanks for the post..

#3 2010-10-05 22:19:41

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

lehrer wrote:

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a new feature in which the web-administrator can add a link to only X photos of each category?

I have namely quite of lot of photos of my holidays but not everyone is interested in seeing all photos. They would like to be able to see only some photos but from each category.

Can i as the administrator of my website add a link which will show only a (at random) selection of photos but from all categories? The selection of photos will be X photos per category. (X should be configurable).

(Or can a feature be added which will allow the guest to set for his session how many photos to view per category)

Gershon

If you want to choose the photos, you can use privacy levels to determine who see what in you categories.
I don't see any other means to limit the number of photos one can view, selectively.

regards

#4 2010-10-06 03:58:15

lehrer
2010-08-30

Hi,

I don't mind them seeing all pictures.

My goal is not the privacy (in this discussion) but the convenience. Some relatives don't like too many pictures while other relatives want more pictures.
So my goal is to let them show all or some categories and from each categories they select how many pictures they want to see.

GL

#5 2010-10-06 23:13:50

mathiasm
Former Piwigo Team
2006-02-06

In their profiles, they can set how much pictures they can view on one single page.
You have two numbers rows and columns. The product of the two gives the number.

HTH

Regards

•  » Requests
  •  » A selection of X photos from all categories

Board footer