Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Email and SMS submission

#1 2010-07-01 23:52:31

Tad

Email and SMS submission

I think it would be great if I could post pictures to Piwigo by using my cellphone and an SMS(text) message or attaching it in an email.

thanks

#2 2010-07-01 23:58:32

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Email and SMS submission

Yes, I agree on the concept. I don't think it has been done yet. In my opinion, the ability to add photos from iPhone or Android would be great in a first step. But the advantage of emails is that is it available everywhere.

#3 2010-07-20 05:56:06

muoi
2010-07-20

Hi,
I'm working on widget for Android phone.
Widget display random image in home screen, by clicking on it, you could view your Piwigo site.

No upload for the moment, just viewing.
What do you think about that ?

#4 2010-07-20 07:52:20

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

It's a good idea :-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2010-07-26 19:37:19

muoi
2010-07-20

ddtddt wrote:

It's done, its name "ImageApp" on Android Market
I tested on my VM, don't have android phone !!, not yet...

#6 2010-07-26 22:46:32

muoi
2010-07-20

muoi wrote:

ddtddt wrote:

I tested on a HTC DIAM100, it works fine...

#7 2010-07-27 10:14:28

Gotcha
Former Piwigo Team
Pourrières (83) [FR]
2007-03-14

muoi wrote:

muoi wrote:

ddtddt wrote:

I tested on a HTC DIAM100, it works fine...

Congratulation !

#8 2010-08-24 23:39:48

anthony43

Hello !
I'm the author of G2Android (http://code.google.com/p/g2android) , a Gallery2 android client.
It is an open source project, and currently, quite all the features are supported (browsing, uploading, creating a new album, etc..)
I'm about to work on the compatibility on Gallery3, and by the way, try to make it compatible with Piwigo.
Muoi, I've noticed you already started an Android project for Piwigo, is there a Java remote api available ? did you design yours ?
I have not tried your app yet, but I like the idea of the widget photo of the day ! nice feature !
Maybe we could join efforts too ?
Regards, Anthony

#9 2010-08-24 23:47:43

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi anthony43,

If you need any help to understand how to upload photos using Piwigo web API, don't hesitate to ask, I will be glad to help, having an Android Uploader for Piwigo would be really nice.

Bye

#10 2010-08-25 15:58:28

anthony43
http://blog.dahanne.net
2010-08-24

Hello Plg !
The thing is that I wanted to know if a Java Remote API was already available; it would save me time to re use an existing one, encapsulating the ws.php calls.
Anyway, if it is not the case, I will write one the day I start integrating piwigo in my app.
Bye,
Anthony

#11 2010-08-26 09:28:27

fcoiffie
1970-01-01

Hi Muoi,

I've just found and downloaded your application. In fact, I'd have started to code mine if I haven't found it.

But, I have a bug : it seems that pictures aren't displayed at full resolution but only as thumbnails which were rescaled.
Is the source code available somewhere ? Is it possible to rename the application because ImageApp isn't really meaningful ?

#12 2010-08-26 21:50:26

muoi
2010-07-20

anthony43 wrote:

Hello !
I'm the author of G2Android (http://code.google.com/p/g2android) , a Gallery2 android client.
It is an open source project, and currently, quite all the features are supported (browsing, uploading, creating a new album, etc..)
I'm about to work on the compatibility on Gallery3, and by the way, try to make it compatible with Piwigo.
Muoi, I've noticed you already started an Android project for Piwigo, is there a Java remote api available ? did you design yours ?
I have not tried your app yet, but I like the idea of the widget photo of the day ! nice feature !
Maybe we could join efforts too ?
Regards, Anthony

Hello Anthony,
I actually use Piwigo Web Services, therefore, my source code is quite simple.
The idea of the widget "photo of the day" comes from "word of day" (google examples)
You can view methods at "PIWIGO_SITE/tools/ws.htm"
Add feature is available only recents Piwigo versions.
I have 2 "PIWIGO_SITE" in 2 different versions
d.buiviet.free.fr
christophe.tran1.free.fr

#13 2010-08-26 21:59:17

muoi
2010-07-20

fcoiffie wrote:

Hi Muoi,

I've just found and downloaded your application. In fact, I'd have started to code mine if I haven't found it.

But, I have a bug : it seems that pictures aren't displayed at full resolution but only as thumbnails which were rescaled.
Is the source code available somewhere ? Is it possible to rename the application because ImageApp isn't really meaningful ?

Hello fcoiffie,
I experienced bad response time with full resolution photo could be long to display, so i prefered display only thumbnails.

#14 2010-08-26 22:03:22

muoi
2010-07-20

anthony43 wrote:

Hello Plg !
The thing is that I wanted to know if a Java Remote API was already available; it would save me time to re use an existing one, encapsulating the ws.php calls.
Anyway, if it is not the case, I will write one the day I start integrating piwigo in my app.
Bye,
Anthony

I missed your second post.
No, I did not code a specialized class, encapsulating the ws.php calls.

#15 2010-09-20 11:49:44

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

anthony43, in the last weeks, mlg has created Jiwigo. Jiwigo is a "Piwigo on your desktop" application : Jiwigo website. Jiwigo is written in Java, and you can browse source code. You should check if there is a Java Remote API in Jiwigo :-)

•  » Requests
  •  » Email and SMS submission

Board footer