Announcement

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

#16 2010-11-12 12:06:51

Polly
Translation Team
2010-01-15

Re: Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

yes, same error appears in Lightroom as well as on the picture.php and on admin.php

Error message:

Code:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CET/1.0/no DST' instead in /var/www/clients/client4/web10/web/piwigo_2-1-5/include/functions.inc.php on line 510

To me, it seems like this error is killing the Lightroom upload because i receive exactly the same error in Lightroom after the 1st image is uploaded.

cheers

Last edited by Polly (2010-11-12 12:10:39)

#17 2010-11-12 12:09:20

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

#18 2010-11-12 16:14:56

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

alex08 wrote:

I've Pbm too with Eport window
I Can't choose the plugin name from the Export To drop-down list. 'I've just "Hard disk and CD/DVD"
- no piwigo (enable)

Any idea ?

The plug-in support only publishing operations (via Publish Services in Lightroom 3). The reason Export is not available is the hierarchical structure of Piwigo categories (albums), while the export dialog in my toolkit supports only a plain album list. I also feel that Publish Services give you much more, and as long as the publishing functionality works well, I don't see a good reason why anyone would want to use the old and more restrictive facility. :)

#19 2010-11-12 23:03:00

starRider
2010-01-31

Hello

i started trying out the new LR Piwigo plugin on two different machines one Laptop and one WS both under W7 64bit - LR 3.2

Download and installation of the plugin was no problem at all I just copied the plugin directory into the installation directory of LR and LR perfectly saw the plugin on both machines but the behaviour is totally different.

On the laptop whenentering the "configuration" of the plugin i immediatly get an error talking about a missing file in a popup window which proposes to send the bug report which i tried but even this didn't work yielding yet another popup with the same type of error message. I can't copy the text out of the windo to show it. As I am not in front of my laptop i will come back with a screenshot later and discuss the issue i have on the Workstation to which the attached picture belongs.

I managed to properly configure and set up the connection to my gallery and I added one album set (call it S ) with one album ( call it A ). I dropped two pictures into album A ( Raw files to be converted to jpg by LR ) and published. During the process the window (screen shot attached) appeared.

The result was that the categories ( albums) have been created on piwigo and one picture ( the first of the two ) showed up in the album but no thumbnails have been created which messed up the page in which you enter into S ( basically the whole big immage was clipped to the surface available for this category entry on th page ). The same happens when entering S with A and when entering A i get a proper picture.

Deleting S and A from LR worked as expected.

That's it for the moment I'll come back with more later. If you got anyideas what has happend please let me know! And a BIG thank you for doing this plugin i was waiting for a long time.

Before I leave just anothe question : Is iy possible to sync existing albums back into LR ? This comes from the fact that i would like to add pictures to those pre-existing categories as well ( which have been created with pLoader before.

Cheers

Last edited by starRider (2010-11-12 23:04:20)

#20 2010-11-12 23:10:56

Polly
Translation Team
2010-01-15

Hey,

you tried this?
"2. to get the uploaded Images resized Vladimir adviced me to do the following: open the [Administration > Photos > Add] screen at least once - this action will set default values for these parameters and you will be able to proceed."

regards

#21 2010-11-13 15:19:11

starRider
2010-01-31

Hello Polly

That did the trick !! Now the publishing works as expected.

What's the difference between "Modify Album Set" and "Rename" they both open the same LR Dialog where i can change the name of the Album. Is there any reason for this ?

If i do the same thing on just an Album the difference lies in the comment field which is available for an album but not for an Album Set when "Modifying". Is it intentional that you can't provide a comment for an Album Set on "Modify" ?

What does the "create virtual copy" option do ?

Last edited by starRider (2010-11-13 16:20:54)

#22 2010-11-13 16:09:18

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

It's a bug. "Edit Album Set" should allow you to modify the comment for the album set.
Fixed in build #216.

#23 2010-11-13 16:26:55

starRider
2010-01-31

Thanks alloyphoto!

I just tried to see what happens if i create an album with an already existing name on piwigo. Well it doesn't produce any error just creates another album with the same name ( IT architecture wise this is what actually should have happend anyway ). So the only way to make sync is to recreate the existing structure in LR and then transfer all the pictures within Piwigo and remove the old categories.
Is there any other option ?

This may be an idea for an option for the plugin which could propose if it should load the existing album structure ( not necessaily the pictures I don't think that would be an issue) or not.

//

#24 2010-11-13 16:29:50

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Hey starRider, thanks for the suggestion! I'll take this under consideration. Keep 'em coming :)

#25 2010-11-13 16:38:23

starRider
2010-01-31

Thanks for taking it into consideration :-) and yes if i got some more ideas i will let you know.

One more question: If i click on "mark for republication" ( bad translation from french i guess but you get the idea ) there is no feedback anywhere which tells me that i clicked that one. The purpose being, but i guess here, is that this should be a reminder for me as i have changed something in the album or album set. Thats normal ? Or maybe this does something else

//sR

#26 2010-11-13 19:44:51

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

When you mark a photo "to republish" Lightroom does two things:

* enables the Publish button at the bottom of the Publish Services panel 
* if you are in the grid view, moves the photo from the "Published Photos" section to "Modified Photos to Re-Publish".

#27 2010-11-13 21:19:16

starRider
2010-01-31

ok i finally understood it! The option "mark for republication" has no effect for "album sets" but works as you just said before on a given album or on an  indivdual picture. In the beginning i thought selecting this option on the "album set" will mark all sub-albums and their pictures

Cheers
//sR

#28 2010-11-13 23:01:02

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

Well, not exactly :)
If you are standing on an album set and hit "Mark to Republish", then all photos contained in the set are marked "to republish". Similarly, "Mark to Republish" for an album, marks to republish all photos within the album.

Also, "Publish" for an album set publishes all albums and contained photos - the entire hierarchy that album set is the parent of.

#29 2010-11-14 09:36:28

starRider
2010-01-31

Thanks for the clarification. That's what i thought how it should work but it didn't seem so. Well i may have been tired yesterday evening a little bit :-) I checked this morning and it worked all as it should.
Another idea with this maybe an option for unmarking to republish ( just as for an mail which you can mar as "unread" ) as once you have marked something for republishing you have to go throught it if you made a mistake or not.

Have a nice day / evening wherever you are ...

//sR

#30 2010-11-14 16:18:38

alloyphoto
alloyphoto.com
2010-11-09

If you mistakenly mark something for republish you can hit Ctrl+Z to undo your action.
Also, please keep in mind - all this is "standard" Lightroom stuff :)

•  » Beta testing
  •  » Lightroom plug-in beta testing - invitation

Board footer