Announcement

#1 2010-11-24 12:24:56

jortex696
2010-05-13

users RESTRICTIONS

You can create a user but with RESTRICTIONS schedule and expiration date?

for example ... that users turn off after 30 days. or 60 days ... Is this possible? There is some plugin? how could I solve my problem?

#2 2010-11-24 12:53:18

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

Re: users RESTRICTIONS

Hi jortex696;

ddtddt notfied me of your post (thanks to him ;-) ) because I'm currently working (hard :-(( ...) on an improvement of [extension by LucMorizur] Event Cats to add a validity date feature.

As described in [Forum, topic 15622] [Plugin] Event Cats, to easily share private categories, Event Cats mainly adds the possibility to build an URL able to log in a user, wothout him to have to provide the username and the password. Thus does it give the possibility to send a link, allowing to access directly to a private category (or album). The validity date feature will allow to make this URL outdated at a certain date.

Currently the plugin does not yet include the validity date feature, but it should be the case in... let's say... a few months? Come on, Feburary should be OK. (Mainly because another feature has to be added too, and I work on this project around 2 hours per day, but these two hours are equivalent to half an hour of a true programmer :-/ ...)

Don't hesitate to ask for more details :-) .

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )
An event, a new gallery ? Plugin Event Cats
My test gallery : Tests Piwigo de Luc
Thanksalot for this beautiful project.

#3 2010-11-24 13:11:59

jortex696
2010-05-13

How wonderful to know that it will be possible this function ...
Obviously very eager wait until February, now that if you could DEVELOP before, would be wonderful ...

I am extremely grateful for your quick response and the good news.

One could also restrict the user by ip, so that only access the system with 1 or more ips?

#4 2010-11-24 15:25:51

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

jortex696 wrote:

How wonderful to know that it will be possible this function ...
Obviously very eager wait until February, now that if you could DEVELOP before, would be wonderful ...

Well indeed I have a job taking already a lot of time; and I have a family too; and if programming is a hobby I practise for a long time now, it's still absolutely not my main skill, and I'm quite slow.

Yet validity date feature is quite on its way now, I can publish it sooner than February in a 1.3 version of Event Cats, rather than publish directly the version 2 as I intended to do, if you tell me it's handy for you.

jortex696 wrote:

I am extremely grateful for your quick response and the good news.

You're welcome :-)

jortex696 wrote:

One could also restrict the user by ip, so that only access the system with 1 or more ips?

Event Cats doesn't manage IP's.

For information to possible other readers, I made an answer on this subject in [Forum, post 117170 by LucMorizur in topic 16685] User and password + ip.

Our gallery : Le Site à Nous (a silly name in french, but here I don't care ;-) ! )

#5 2010-11-24 15:33:44

LucMorizur
Vienne (Isère) - France
2009-04-30

jortex696 wrote:

You can create a user but with RESTRICTIONS schedule and expiration date?

for example ... that users turn off after 30 days. or 60 days ... Is this possible? There is some plugin? how could I solve my problem?

One precision: [extension by LucMorizur] Event Cats does not (and will not) provide a feature allowing to "turn off a user" after a certain time.

Yet to get the functionning jortex696 is suggesting, Event Cats can be a nice solution, as it allows to build a URL able to log in a user without this user to provide the password, thus is it possible to build users who don't know the password of their usernames. And soon (I hope :-/ ...) such a feature can be restricted in time. And so once the URL is outdated, the user cannot log in any more, though the username has not actually been "turned off".

Last edited by LucMorizur (2010-11-24 15:35:53)

Board footer