#16 2011-02-16 23:53:32

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: PiwigoMedia - WordPress plugin

João C. wrote:

Hi ddtddt.

I will add i18n support very, very soon. By that time I will publish the POT file for users willing to translate the plugin.

Cheers

:-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#17 2011-02-17 10:53:17

Nakre
Translation Team
2010-05-05

Good work, well done. :)

Last edited by Nakre (2011-02-17 10:54:34)

#18 2011-02-17 20:19:28

João C.

Hi everyone.

PiwigoMedia updated to v0.9. Changelog:
- new: i18n support added. *translators needed
- new: POT template for translators.
- update: reorganization of tinymce/.
- update: unused files cleaned.
- update: user capabilities checks added to popup.

For translators:
- POT template is found in languages/piwigomedia.pot
- resulting .mo (and .po) must be placed in languages/ with the following name:
piwigomedia-locale.mo (locale examples: pt_PT, fr_FR)
- further information can be found at http://codex.wordpress.org/I18n_for_Wor … Developers

Download PiwigoMedia v0.9 from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/piwigomedia/ or use Automatic Update from WordPress Plugins page.

If you're willing to translate, feel free to send me an email (me/joaoubaldo.com) - I won't forget about the credits ;-p

Cheers

#19 2011-02-18 09:56:59

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi João C.,

I made a new test with version 0.9.

I don't understand what "user capabilities checks added to popup." means.

I don't understand "Piwigo Webservice URL setting has been split into two fields: Piwigo URL + Web service script". I really don't think the web service script will ever be something else than ws.php, so I don't understand why this is a configuration setting. In Piwigo, if we change ws.php filename, then all remote applications using it will be broken and believe me, this is really not what we want!

Great thing for translation files.

Great to see your plugin in WordPress Plugin Directory!

#20 2011-02-18 10:44:10

johnnyfive
1970-01-01

Hi plg.

I'll explain:
- "user capabilities checks added to popup."  - Authorization checks were added to the popup window (using WordPress User Capabilities). For instance, one can no longer access that page using the direct URL (wordpress/wp-content/plugins/piwigomedia/popup.php).

- I perfectly understand the need of ws.php by remote applications, including PiwigoMedia. Is it possible for a Piwigo administrator to secure/disable access to webapi? That is the only reason I considered this value as an extra option (I explicity tell the user "Only change this value if you need to. Default: ws.php.).

I'll be waiting for your feedback.

Cheers

P.S. PiwigoMedia has been added to Extensions/Tool section

#21 2011-02-18 11:15:53

Nakre
Translation Team
2010-05-05

Turkish translation done the files are sent. (;

#22 2011-02-18 11:25:46

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

johnnyfive wrote:

- "user capabilities checks added to popup." [...] For instance, one can no longer access that page using the direct URL

OK, I understand.

johnnyfive wrote:

Is it possible for a Piwigo administrator to secure/disable access to webapi?

yes, you can set $conf['allow_web_services'] to false.

johnnyfive wrote:

That is the only reason I considered this value as an extra option

Sorry but I still don't understand :-/

johnnyfive wrote:

P.S. PiwigoMedia has been added to Extensions/Tool section

Perfect. This is a good way to get visibility. And as you defined it as a "Tool" and not a "Plugin", it won't be available in Piwigo administration screen [Administration > Plugins > Manage > Other plugins available] (which would have been a mess since you can install plugins this way).

#23 2011-02-18 13:19:56

johnnyfive
1970-01-01

Thank you for your translation, Nakre. It'll be available on the next update.

plg, I'll remove the webservice script name field, as I can see this configuration is more of a personal interest that I've used to "control" who has access to the webapi, without completely disabling it. Certainly not the best method. For example, Gallery3 creates an "user key" that must be used to access G3's REST API, although guest access is available too.
Are there plans to add authorization rules to webapi (for users or groups)? Is it possible to implement this functionality using Piwigo Plugin API (I haven't had the time to read it yet)? ...who knows ;-)

Have a good day,
João C.

#24 2011-02-18 13:29:44

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

johnnyfive wrote:

For example, Gallery3 creates an "user key" that must be used to access G3's REST API [...]

We had such a system in the past and we completely removed it a few years ago because it was complex and useless.

johnnyfive wrote:

Are there plans to add authorization rules to webapi (for users or groups)?

pwg.session.login is your friend. Once your connected, you have access to the same photos/albums as in the web interface, and some methods (such as pwg.images.add) are available if you're an administrator.

See the web API browser

#25 2011-02-18 14:01:19

johnnyfive
1970-01-01

I get the idea of pwg.session.* methods and I am also aware that a guest user can only query public elements from the web service, the same ones he can see on the page. I was talking about a different kind of authorization, something similar to G3, but I can see Piwigo got rid of that (for reasonable reasons). Still, is it possible to implement this as a Piwigo plugin?

tools/ws.htm has been a great help since I started PiwigoMedia.

Cheers,
João C.

#26 2011-02-18 14:06:17

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

johnnyfive wrote:

I was talking about a different kind of authorization, something similar to G3, but I can see Piwigo got rid of that (for reasonable reasons). Still, is it possible to implement this as a Piwigo plugin?

I don't know how G3 works.

Do you mean a key (generated automatically with at least 20 characters) that would automatically log the appropriate user to the web API?

Remote application calls pwg.session.loginKey and provide the key v08XUJKbgP28NEPKzgtryfHNoaCza => the remote application is automatically connected as "johnnyfive" (with corresponding permissions) ? (if yes, the answer is "of course, it's possible to implement this as a plugin")

#27 2011-02-18 15:29:04

johnnyfive
1970-01-01

Hi plg.

Example:
Guests users may have access to all my categories (assuming they are public) but I may not want guest users to use webapi at all (no matter what category privileges they have), unless something like "Allow WebAPI" was selected in "Users/Manage/Properties". If a guest user tried to make a request to ws.php, the access would be forbidden. For users other than guest, some kind of identification (u/p, key) would be needed during the request.

When I have the time I will investigate Piwigo's events and actions to see if it is possible to hook custom code right after a request to ws.php is made. This can make sense as a plugin as it would make every(?) request do one more check, resulting in performance penalty. If I need further help on this, I'll discuss it on a more appropriate forum thread.

Cheers,
João C.

#28 2011-02-22 00:18:48

João C.

I've just updated PiwigoMedia to 0.9.6. The newest addition is support of multiple Piwigo sites (this might help those who own more than one Piwigo site). UI has been updated too.

Updates since 0.9 until 0.9.6:
- new: multiple Piwigo sites support!
- new: Hungarian (hu_HU) translation added (thanks to samli).
- new: Turkish translation added (thanks to Nakre).
- new: Portuguese (pt_PT) translation added (thanks to me, updated to 0.9.6).
- update: POT file updated.
- update: better error handling.
- update: 'nb_images' var is now used for getting number of images.
- update: UI improved.
- update: build_link function is better
- update: removed "Web service script" configuration (ws.php is always used).

Download PiwigoMedia 0.9.6 from
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/piwigomedia/
or
http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=501

Don't forget to check PiwigoMedia's configuration after update!

Cheers

#29 2011-02-22 10:12:20

mol
Piwigo Team Germany
germany
2010-05-26

and now the next big wish:
if available use high_definition pictures too :)

#30 2011-02-22 10:55:27

johnnyfive
1970-01-01

Hi mol.

In "Customize" section you can choose "Link to: Fullsize image" - Is this what you mean?

Cheers,
João C.

•  » Extensions
  •  » PiwigoMedia - WordPress plugin

Board footer