Announcement

#1 2011-02-26 04:58:39

hwang00
2011-02-18

installation error(the mysql TYPE=MyISAM problem)

I'v tried to construct the piwigo site on my pc but there's an error to create table in database.
my system is win7 , with iis75 , mysql 5.5.8, php 5.3.5

when i'v use install.php to auto-configuration system :
after i inputed the necessary information, it replied "Congratulations, Piwigo installation is completed......" no errors displayed on the screen but it accentually it did not work.
after several times of trying, i find that the installation process did nothing in database. There were no tables  created.
Then i checked the sql files and find that the problem is the instructions contain a syntax "TYPE=MyISAM", which mode nolonger worked in new version of mysql to create tables.
so i used an older version of mysql temporarily, installed piwigo, and move dbfiles to overwrite the files in newversion.
at least it works right now,but i don't know if there'll occur further errors

surely it's mysql's compatibility problem.  but i also sure this is a big problem to piwigo, this marvelous project. It will stop new user into piwigo and perhaps will incur further upgrade breakdowns(if need new table),its very serious.

#2 2011-02-26 06:29:41

hwang00
2011-02-18

Re: installation error(the mysql TYPE=MyISAM problem)

and i tested another try, it works and i'v built a brandnew system.

the solution is edit .\install\piwigo_structure-mysql.sql

replace all

'TYPE=MyISAM'

with

'ENGINE=MyISAM'

-------------------------
so someone(project developers) please add a new database type named 'mysql5.5upper..' and change 'mysql' 2-> 'mysql5.5below..'.. in the 'Database configuration' section, './install.php' page.
(i dont know if 'ENGINE=MyISAM' syntax works in mysql 5.5bellow)
and release the fixed stuff.

Last edited by hwang00 (2011-02-26 06:32:28)

#3 2011-02-26 09:01:20

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi hwang00,

We have replaced TYPE=MyISAM by ENGINE=MyISAM in Piwigo 2.2 (currently available as "Release Candidate 3")

#4 2011-03-02 15:37:48

isun

thanks so much...

Board footer