Announcement

#1 2011-03-20 13:35:35

evryka23
2011-03-20

[resolved] How to add the "about" in the menu and insert text inside?

Hi!

I would like to add the "about" in the menu and insert text inside. I would like to insert informations about me you know...about my site and so on...
Im new and i really looked for it and read about this but i didnt find how to resolve it :(

I would really appreciate if you could help me with this.
Im using the template named Sylvia.

Thank you!

Erika

#2 2011-03-20 13:59:02

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: [resolved] How to add the "about" in the menu and insert text inside?

You can organise menu with [extension by grum] Advanced Menu Manager

and tou can add info on about page with [extension by ddtddt] PersoAbout

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2011-03-20 14:36:07

evryka23
2011-03-20

Thank you for your help! It works now.
I installed on my page the plugin Language Switch to switch the language of the menu and categories. But if doesnt change the name of the categories added by me, and neighter the info inside the about menu. How can i change them according to the selected language?
Or can i change an already given translation/name?

Greets,
Erika

#4 2011-03-20 14:42:11

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

you can look [extension by Piwigo Team] Extended Description ;-)

(it's work also with perso about)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2011-03-20 14:50:58

evryka23
2011-03-20

Sorry if i ask too much...but i installed that plugin -Extended Description- but i cant see it in the plugins menu, and i also cant see anything modified. Where can i use this plugin? :)

#6 2011-03-20 15:16:27

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

edit abbum / category there is one http://piwigo.org/demo/admin/themes/clear/icon/help.png beside the album name

#7 2011-03-20 15:21:25

evryka23
2011-03-20

yes it is, i can edit the category name, but it only rename the default language category and when i switch on main page to another language it doesnt change that category name to the selected language :(

#8 2011-03-20 15:48:50

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

evryka23 wrote:

yes it is, i can edit the category name, but it only rename the default language category and when i switch on main page to another language it doesnt change that category name to the selected language :(

Multilanguage descriptions
Multilanguage descriptions are placed between [lang=xx] and [/lang] tags, where xx is the language code (for example en, es, fr). There is also 2 special languages : [lang=default] and [lang=all]

Example:

[lang=default] default description [/lang]
[lang=en] description in english [/lang]
[lang=de] deutsche Beschreibung [/lang]
The default description will be used if the description is not available in the connected user selected language. If [lang=default] does not exists, anything outside the [lang] tags will be considered as the default description.

---------------------

Használat más nyelveken
Többnyelvű leírások között találhatók a [lang=xx] és [/lang] tag-ek, ahol az xx a nyelv kódja (például: en, es, fr). Két speciális nyelv van : [lang=default] és [lang=all]

Példa:

[lang=default] alapértelmezett leírás [/lang]
[lang=en] angol leírás [/lang]
[lang=de] német leírás [/lang]
Az alapértelmezett nyelvet fogja használni, ha a leírás nem érhető el a csatlakozott felhasználó kiválasztott nyelvén. Amennyiben a [lang=default] nyelv nem érhető el, bármelyik további [lang] nyelv használata megfontolandó, mint alapértelmezett nyelv.

Speciális nyelv all: Bármin belül a [lang=all] megjeleníti a leírást, függetlenül a felhasználó nyelvétől. Különösen hasznos HTML/JavaScript kódok belsejében lévő leírásoknál.

#9 2011-03-20 15:59:58

evryka23
2011-03-20

Okay, so where can i insert theese things? :s

#10 2011-03-20 16:13:35

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

In the name and description of the album, photos. . .
In plugins perso about, meta, title . . .

#11 2011-03-20 16:16:46

evryka23
2011-03-20

Okay i will try theese things a bit later, and i will come back with a reply.
Thanks again for your help!

Have a nice sunday!

#12 2011-03-20 16:18:49

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

evryka23 wrote:

Have a nice sunday!

Have a nice sunday too :-)

#13 2011-03-20 21:08:52

evryka23
2011-03-20

Hi!

Im so so thankful for your help. I already tried and it works perfect!!!

Thanks again!

Greets,
Erika

#14 2011-03-24 20:18:39

evryka23
2011-03-20

Hi there!

I'm here again. This time i would like to know how can i add new menu to put inside the banners (to insert there the html codes)? There is a plugin for this aswell? I was looking for it on the internet but i didn't find the answer.

Greets,

#15 2011-03-24 23:20:31

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

evryka23 wrote:

Hi there!

I'm here again. This time i would like to know how can i add new menu to put inside the banners (to insert there the html codes)? There is a plugin for this aswell? I was looking for it on the internet but i didn't find the answer.

Greets,

You can add news elements to menu wih [extension by grum] Advanced Menu Manager

Board footer