Announcement

#1 2011-04-06 05:33:29

NWS
Seattle, WA
2011-04-02

[resolved] Problem uploading images

I haven't had any issues so far uploading images to any album. This message has always popped up when I click on "add" photos.

In your php.ini file, the upload_max_filesize (20MB) is bigger than post_max_size (8MB), you should change this setting. I've searched on the server for the file it wants me to change the file size. Far as I can tell it doesn't exist. I've looked in every folder but haven't found it. Where the heck is it hidden?

Until now it hasn't been an issue. Now all of a sudden I can't upload any images to a new album I created or any existing albums.  At one point I got an error about "out of memory".  The files I'm trying to upload are around 5 megs.

As soon as I finish uploading a message comes up stating "upload complete" but the photos are not anywhere to be found.

Any idea what's going on?
Is there a size limitation (dimensions/megs) in Piwigo? I need to be able to upload files 3872x2592, up to 18 megs in size and make them available for download in specific albums.

Last edited by NWS (2011-04-06 16:16:19)

#2 2011-04-06 17:25:38

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: [resolved] Problem uploading images

all these limitations and the message is due to your hoster : you may not have access to the php.ini file of our server, or you haven't searched yet in the folder /etc .

Please for further info about this file use Google.
If you have any questions about piwigo, we're here

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2011-04-06 17:33:15

NWS
Seattle, WA
2011-04-02

As far as I know I have no limitations on my host. I've uploaded any file size I want with no problems. Only when I try in Piwigo do I have problems with file sizes.

I'll do a search for the php.ini file. Seems odd that the files I'm trying to upload are less than the 8 megs the php file limits but still won't upload correctly.

#4 2011-04-06 18:20:17

NWS
Seattle, WA
2011-04-02

So I did a search on my webhost for the php.ini file, followed their instructions to change it.
The original message I got with Piwigo about the php.ini file does not come up now. But when I upload a photo this is the error I get from Piwigo. I'm uploading under my Admin account.

Error using the multiple file upload:
ERROR

File too big
1-1-0008.jpg: 5.53MB
Limit: 2.05MB

This is the php.ini file, written as suggested by my webhost.

upload_max_filesize:20 M
max_execution_time:600
memory_limit:80 M
post_max_size:20 M

Here is the most recent error that comes up using the old style uploader.

Error on file "1-1-0008.jpg" : The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini: 2MB

Last edited by NWS (2011-04-06 18:48:52)

Board footer