Announcement

#16 2011-04-09 14:42:24

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: [nl_NL] Nederlands - Dutch

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#17 2011-09-17 09:08:16

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

For update public part to piwigo, a Nederlands translator  can he translate

// missing translations
$lang['Enter a username or email address'] = 'Enter a username or email address';
$lang['Invalid username or email'] = 'Invalid username or email';
$lang['Password reset is not allowed for this user'] = 'Password reset is not allowed for this user';
$lang['User "%s" has no email address, password reset is not possible'] = 'User "%s" has no email address, password reset is not possible';
$lang['Someone requested that the password be reset for the following user account:'] = 'Someone requested that the password be reset for the following user account:';
$lang['Username "%s" on gallery %s'] = 'Username "%s" on gallery %s';
$lang['To reset your password, visit the following address:'] = 'To reset your password, visit the following address:';
$lang['If this was a mistake, just ignore this email and nothing will happen.'] = 'If this was a mistake, just ignore this email and nothing will happen.';
$lang['Password Reset'] = 'Password Reset';
$lang['Check your email for the confirmation link'] = 'Check your email for the confirmation link';
$lang['Invalid key'] = 'Invalid key';
$lang['The passwords do not match'] = 'The passwords do not match';
$lang['Your password has been reset'] = 'Your password has been reset';
$lang['Return to home page'] = 'Return to home page';
$lang['Please enter your username or email address.'] = 'Please enter your username or email address.';
$lang['You will receive a link to create a new password via email.'] = 'You will receive a link to create a new password via email.';
$lang['Username or email'] = 'Username or email';
$lang['Change my password'] = 'Change my password';
$lang['Enter your new password below.'] = 'Enter your new password below.';
$lang['Reset Password'] = 'Reset Password';
$lang['EXIF Metadata'] = 'EXIF Metadata';
$lang['IPTC Metadata'] = 'IPTC Metadata';

Thanks

He can also use new tool for translator ;-)
read [Forum, topic 18049] Piwigo Translate Tool (Requests)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#18 2011-09-21 21:15:37

sleepless
Translation Team
2011-05-28

// missing translations
$lang['Enter a username or email address'] = 'Voer je gebruikersnaam en e-mailadres in';
$lang['Invalid username or email'] = 'Gebruikersnaam of e-mailadres is ongeldig';
$lang['Password reset is not allowed for this user'] = 'Deze gebruiker heeft geen toestemming om het paswoord te vernieuwen';
$lang['User "%s" has no email address, password reset is not possible'] = 'Gebruiker "%s" heeft geen e-mailadres daarom kan het paswoord niet vernieuwd worden';
$lang['Someone requested that the password be reset for the following user account:'] = 'Iemand heeft verzocht om het paswoord te vernieuwen voor het volgende account:';
$lang['Username "%s" on gallery %s'] = 'Gebruikersnaam "%s" voor gallery %s';
$lang['To reset your password, visit the following address:'] = 'Om je paswoord te vernieuwen kun je het volgende adres bezoeken:';
$lang['If this was a mistake, just ignore this email and nothing will happen.'] = 'Als dit een vergissing was kun je deze e-mail negeren, er zal dan niets gewijzigd worden.';
$lang['Password Reset'] = 'Vernieuw paswoord';
$lang['Check your email for the confirmation link'] = 'Kijk in je mail box voor de bevestigings link';
$lang['Invalid key'] = 'Onjuiste sleutel';
$lang['The passwords do not match'] = 'De paswoorden zijn niet gelijk';
$lang['Your password has been reset'] = 'Je paswoord is vernieuwd';
$lang['Return to home page'] = 'Keer terug naar de home page';
$lang['Please enter your username or email address.'] = 'Voer je gebruikersnaam en e-mailadres in.';
$lang['You will receive a link to create a new password via email.'] = 'Via e-mail krijg je een link om je paswoord te vernieuwen.';
$lang['Username or email'] = 'Gebruikersnaam of e-mail';
$lang['Change my password'] = 'Vernieuw mijn paswoord';
$lang['Enter your new password below.'] = 'Voer hieronder je nieuwe paswoord in.';
$lang['Reset Password'] = 'Vernieuw Paswoord';
$lang['EXIF Metadata'] = 'EXIF Metagegevens';
$lang['IPTC Metadata'] = 'IPTC Metagegevens';

#19 2011-09-21 21:24:42

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

[Subversion] r12196

I'm update
http://piwigo.us/l10n/trunk/tools/trans … lang=nl_NL

Can you translate also

// missing translations admin
$lang['... or '] = '... or ';
$lang['Create'] = 'Create';
$lang['Start Upload'] = 'Start Upload';
$lang['You are using the Flash uploader. Problems? Try the <a href="%s">Browser uploader</a> instead.'] = 'You are using the Flash uploader. Problems? Try the <a href="%s">Browser uploader</a> instead.';
$lang['You are using the Browser uploader. Try the <a href="%s">Flash uploader</a> instead.'] = 'You are using the Browser uploader. Try the <a href="%s">Flash uploader</a> instead.';
$lang['Maximum file size: %sB.'] = 'Maximum file size: %sB.';
$lang['Allowed file types: %s.'] = 'Allowed file types: %s.';
$lang['Approximate maximum resolution: %dM pixels (that\'s %dx%d pixels).'] = 'Approximate maximum resolution: %dM pixels (that\'s %dx%d pixels).';
$lang['Manage Permissions'] = 'Manage Permissions';
$lang['Photo %s of %s'] = 'Photo %s of %s';
$lang['show details'] = 'show details';
$lang['hide details'] = 'hide details';
$lang['Merge tags'] = 'Merge tags';
$lang['Select the destination tag'] = 'Select the destination tag';
$lang['(this tag will be deleted)'] = '(this tag will be deleted)';
$lang['Confirm merge'] = 'Confirm merge';
$lang['Merge selected tags'] = 'Merge selected tags';
$lang['No destination tag selected'] = 'No destination tag selected';
$lang['Tags <em>%s</em> merged into tag <em>%s</em>'] = 'Tags <em>%s</em> merged into tag <em>%s</em>';
$lang['Select at least two tags for merging'] = 'Select at least two tags for merging';
$lang['Select an album'] = 'Select an album';
$lang['By default, Piwigo will create a new websize from the HD (high definition) version of your photo.'] = 'By default, Piwigo will create a new websize from the HD (high definition) version of your photo.';
$lang['If no HD is available and if the current websize is bigger than resize dimensions, Piwigo will move it as HD and create a downsized websize photo from it.'] = 'If no HD is available and if the current websize is bigger than resize dimensions, Piwigo will move it as HD and create a downsized websize photo from it.';

// missing translations install
$lang['Just another Piwigo gallery'] = 'Just another Piwigo gallery';
$lang['Welcome to my photo gallery'] = 'Welcome to my photo gallery';

Thanks

#20 2011-10-02 16:12:26

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

[Subversion] r12309

I'm update
http://piwigo.us/l10n/trunk/tools/trans … lang=nl_NL

Public part is up to date

Admin part they're missing 23 keys

Install part they're missing 2 keys

Upgrad part is up to date

#21 2011-10-07 19:50:54

sleepless
Translation Team
2011-05-28

// missing translations admin
$lang['... or '] = '... of ';
$lang['Create'] = 'Aanmaken';
$lang['Start Upload'] = 'Start Upload';
$lang['You are using the Flash uploader. Problems? Try the <a href="%s">Browser uploader</a> instead.'] = 'Je gebruikt de Flash uploader. Problemen? Probeer de <a href="%s">Browser uploader</a> inplaats.';
$lang['You are using the Browser uploader. Try the <a href="%s">Flash uploader</a> instead.'] = 'Je gebruikt de Browser uploader. Problemen? Probeer de  <a href="%s">Flash uploader</a> inplaats.';
$lang['Maximum file size: %sB.'] = 'Maximum bestands omvang: %sB.';
$lang['Allowed file types: %s.'] = 'Toegestane bestands typen: %s.';
$lang['Approximate maximum resolution: %dM pixels (that\'s %dx%d pixels).'] = 'Geschatte maximale resolutie: %dM pixels (dat is %dx%d pixels).';
$lang['Manage Permissions'] = 'Beheer Permissies';
$lang['Photo %s of %s'] = 'Foto %s of %s';
$lang['show details'] = 'Toon details';
$lang['hide details'] = 'Verberg details';
$lang['Merge tags'] = 'Voeg tags samen';
$lang['Select the destination tag'] = 'Kies de bestemmings tag';
$lang['(this tag will be deleted)'] = '(Deze tag wordt verwijderd)';
$lang['Confirm merge'] = 'Bevestig samenvoegen';
$lang['Merge selected tags'] = 'Voeg geselecteerde tags samen';
$lang['No destination tag selected'] = 'Geen bestemmings tag geselecteerd';
$lang['Tags <em>%s</em> merged into tag <em>%s</em>'] = 'Tags <em>%s</em> samengevoegd in tag <em>%s</em>';
$lang['Select at least two tags for merging'] = 'Selecteer ten minste twee tags om samen te voegen';
$lang['Select an album'] = 'Kies een album';
$lang['By default, Piwigo will create a new websize from the HD (high definition) version of your photo.'] = 'Standaard zal Piwigo een nieuwe web formaat foto aanmaken van de HD (high definition) versie van je foto.';
$lang['If no HD is available and if the current websize is bigger than resize dimensions, Piwigo will move it as HD and create a downsized websize photo from it.'] = 'Als geen HD beschikbaar is en de huidige web formaat foto is groter dan de nieuwe afmetingen, dan zal Piwigo het als HD gebruiken en daar een web formaat foto van maken.';

// missing translations install
$lang['Just another Piwigo gallery'] = 'Alweer een Piwigo gallerie';
$lang['Welcome to my photo gallery'] = 'Welkom bij mijn foto gallerie';

//Remarks
To translate out of context is more error prone.
The things not translated do not need to be considered as missing translations.
Such as ¨Start Upload¨ and ¨Browser uploader¨ are common usage in the Netherlands.
Best,
Rinus

#22 2011-10-08 09:51:35

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

[Subversion] r12385

you can test your job on http://piwigo.us/l10n/trunk/ ;-)

#23 2013-08-20 14:51:23

riastraforum
2013-08-19

Attn:ddtddt

If not to complecated in program languages I can Help to translate to Dutch, however my knowledge of programming is minimum to zero

#24 2013-08-20 15:46:03

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

I open right on translate tool ;-)

#25 2014-08-13 02:06:15

congnghenhat
vietnam
2014-07-17

thanks for share :D

#26 2019-12-16 20:03:40

jboss
The Netherlands
2019-12-16

Hi there,

I really like your product and would like to help you guys adding or improving Dutch translations.

Minor error in translation of the comment form:
- "Author" is translated into "Fotograaf/maker" (i.e. Photographer/maker) while it should rather be "Naam" (i.e. Name) or "Auteur" (i.e. Author). Any person who submits a comment does not have to be the photographer. :)

Kind regards

#27 2019-12-16 21:10:44

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

jboss wrote:

Hi there,

I really like your product and would like to help you guys adding or improving Dutch translations.

Minor error in translation of the comment form:
- "Author" is translated into "Fotograaf/maker" (i.e. Photographer/maker) while it should rather be "Naam" (i.e. Name) or "Auteur" (i.e. Author). Any person who submits a comment does not have to be the photographer. :)

Kind regards

hi :-)

you can login on Translate tool for change this ?

#28 2019-12-16 22:52:53

jboss
The Netherlands
2019-12-16

ddtddt wrote:

hi :-)

you can login on Translate tool for change this ?

I did login, but I got this message about not having the necessary permissions to edit. Did I overlook anything?

https://i.imgur.com/peYgXCX.png

#29 2019-12-17 06:27:29

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

@jboss, I open right for you

#30 2019-12-18 10:52:42

jboss
The Netherlands
2019-12-16

Thank you, ddtddt.

I can see that the translations for "Author" have been modified multiple times. This is because it is used in different contexts, for example as a property of a photo and in the form to write a comment.

In the first context, author is the creator/maker/photographer of the photo.
In the second context, author is the name of the person writing a comment.

Both contexts have in common that it is a person/name. So the Dutch translation of "Name" would be most convenient in my opinion. However, using "Name" as a property of a photo does not really feel right. It could simply be mistaken for the name of the photo while it should be the name of the photographer.

Author ("Auteur" in Dutch) literally means writer and not photographer (in Dutch as well as in English).
Perhaps it is possible to add a new reference item for the photographer? That would solve the problem and make at least the English and Dutch translations better.

If that is not possible, I would go for "Name" ("Naam" in Dutch) as it seems the most convenient one.

What do you think?

Board footer