Announcement

#1 2011-08-10 12:35:03

sandeep arya

copyright remove

I am very happy with your piwigo image gallery project Can i buy it for me? without copyright watermark like powered by.

regards

#2 2011-08-10 13:06:01

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: copyright remove

Hello
Piwigo is free and can be redistributed without or with changes, but always with same license open source GNU : so you can delete the link. This link is for us a visibility and a mark of respect for our work : we don't ask for retribution just a link... You can also make donation, because hosting piwigo.org is not free.
it's your choice

best regards

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2011-08-11 10:03:15

Gotcha
Former Piwigo Team
Pourrières (83) [FR]
2007-03-14

+1 with flop25

#4 2011-08-17 10:09:54

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

flop25 wrote:

Piwigo is free and can be redistributed without or with changes, but always with same license

This is not related: sandeep arya doesn't want to redistribute a modified version of Piwigo.

flop25 wrote:

open source GNU : so you can delete the link.

Piwigo is distributed under license GPL, this means you can do any change you want, including deleting the link to piwigo.org.

flop25 wrote:

This link is for us a visibility and a mark of respect for our work : we don't ask for retribution just a link... You can also make donation...

I agree with flop25. Please consider a donation to help the project :-) this is not mandatory, but we would appreciate! Please note that a donation doesn't mean "I have the right to remove the powered by Piwigo link", because you can do this without any donation.

Board footer