Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] RV Maps & Earth: not syncing with GPS info in exif data

#1 2011-08-26 22:02:14

quixote
2008-05-10

[resolved] RV Maps & Earth: not syncing with GPS info in exif data

Maybe still a bug?  Or maybe my fault?  Here are the steps I follow:

1) enter GPS data manually using geotag.  Lat/long visible in gthumb and bibble exif data display.

2) upload to my site (http://molvray.com/photos) using sftp

3) use "Quick Synchronization" on the default admin page.

I notice that when it tells me which metadata are synced, it includes width, height, creation date, and a couple of other basic things, but GPS data are not in the list.

4) When I submit the new photos to RV Maps, it says I have no geotagged pictures.

I see here, http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16213 (Synchronization with Exif Information), a similar problem last year.  Is that still an issue? Or is my problem something else?  If it's the same problem, then if I understand that post correctly, using sftp + piwigo sync should work ... but it doesn't seem to.

Is there code I could change in the php file controlling what is synced so that GPS data are included? If yes, could you give me the exact lines and exactly where they go? I'm hopeless at programming but I can follow directions. :)

The previous post also mentions using exiftool to get the gps data visible again.  "Something like -r -ext jpg -overwrite_original -tagsFromFile %d/pwg_high/%f.%e " Would that still be an option?  If so, would the whole command be like the following?

Code:

exiftool -r -ext jpg -overwrite_original -tagsFromFile %d/pwg_high/%f.%e

#2 2011-08-29 11:41:50

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

Re: [resolved] RV Maps & Earth: not syncing with GPS info in exif data

did you synhronize your images from admin, menu Plugins/ Maps & Earth, tab synchronize ?

#3 2011-08-29 18:39:50

quixote
2008-05-10

Re: [resolved] RV Maps & Earth: not syncing with GPS info in exif data

Aaaargh.  The short answer is "no."  Actually, I did, but what I didn't notice is that the default is to "perform only simulation." So, yes, all is working now. :D

For me, the admin piwigo gray-on-gray scheme is almost-impossible to read.  (Using the handy button to change it to white only washes out all the light type.) I have to go to Prefs, set browser colors there, make them mandatory, and then go back to piwigo. (And unset it all when I'm done.) I've been too lazy lately, and this is the result. :(

Thank you for your patience!

Last edited by quixote (2011-08-29 18:40:45)

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] RV Maps & Earth: not syncing with GPS info in exif data

Board footer