Announcement

#16 2011-06-03 04:53:42

progrower100
2011-02-21

Re: [Plugin] Charlies content

I've got my video showing but how do I configure the plugin to show the thumbnail in the album for the video? All I currently have is a text link.
I put a sub folder in with the video called thumbnail then added a small jpg named videothumb to the folder called thumbnail.

Thanks for a great plugin!

#17 2011-07-08 20:12:16

Billr
Piwigo Team, forum moderator
2011-06-22

I'm not sure if you've discovered the answer by now.  For the sake of anyone reading this thread, the thumbnail jpg should be sized about 120x90, reside in the Thumbnail sub-directory of your video directory in Galleries, and should be named the same as the the video file and with "TN-" appended to it (ThumbNail).

For Example:

Video name is  DryIce.flv in directory Galleries/videos
Thumbnail would be in directory Galleries/videos/thumbnail and named TN-DryIce.jpg

Bill

#18 2011-07-20 15:14:13

dudumomo

anta wrote:

I tried Charlie’s mod last night but am having some trouble with it. There’s sound but no picture.

I actually have the same problem trying to read .mpg video. Sound but no video....
Any idea why? (Under Piwigo 2.24)

#19 2011-09-16 00:13:03

ms2000

Hi,

I followed the previous directions and got it working, but how do I make the video player larger.  It is a bit small.  I know I can double-click to go full screen, but I'd like something in the middle....800x600 or so.

Thank you.
Mark

#20 2011-09-23 06:19:43

zzatihz1
2011-09-23

I recently switched from Gallery 2 to piwigo and am fairly impressed. This seems like a lean and efficient photo gallery. The only substantial thing missing was the ability to play video. And then I came across this plugin. With the help of this forum, I was able to get my mp4 formatted videos playing nicely. The Quicktime player took a long time to load so I switched to the flvstreamer player and it plays mp4 files nicely.

But it does not work on an iPad. Does anyone have any experience with a player that plays on modern browsers and iPad? An HTML5 video player would be an awesome addition to this great plugin!

#21 2011-12-15 13:33:41

PureLoneWolf
Frankfurt am Main
2011-11-23

I am having a bit of a problem with this.

I removed MP4 from the Quicktime player and added it to the WMV player.

The video plays ok, but is cropped to the window size (not resized, meaning bits of the video can't be seen) and there are no player controls available.  When I full screen, the full video is shown and I can see the player controls etc.

Is there a way to have the WMPlayer behave like, say, the FLVStreamer?  i.e. a windowed player?

Thanks

#22 2012-03-17 23:56:05

NWS
Seattle, WA
2011-04-02

After reading this whole thread, the best I've managed to get is an album with a thumbnail. When I click on that thumbnail it takes me to another page with the same thumbnail. When I click on that it goes to yet another page with a thumbnail of an image with "avi" on it. Doesn't link to anything and there is no way to play the video.

So what am I missing when I'm setting this up?

Well I finally got it to work but only using a "flv" file. Can I use another file. The quality of flv sucks really bad. I would love to get this working with a hi-def avi file.

Last edited by NWS (2012-03-18 00:54:01)

#23 2012-05-06 07:58:33

Salai Thian Ro Uk Lian

Hi,

I just installed and try to use Charlie content.

I did synchronize and successfully add flv files with album. But when I click on the flv video file it showed me below error message.

Please help.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class getID3 in /home/thianrouklian/musicvideos.zanniat.org/plugins/piwigo-jplayer/include/getid3/getid3.php on line 78

Waiting your reply

#24 2012-05-06 09:36:45

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

@Salai Thian Ro Uk Lian piwigo release ?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#25 2013-07-09 11:15:11

mrk
2013-01-20

Because information here how to upload vids and thumbs are not correct anymore for others sake the right information.

You must upload videos with ftp to your folder (album) and thumbnails to subfolder named pwg_representative No blank space, nor accentuated characters in video or thumbnail names! Thumbnail must be named exactly as your video file with .jpg extension.

(folder) vids
    video.avi
    (folder) pwg_representative
            video.jpg

There is no need to specially resize thumbnail files but for site loading speed you should confirm that they are not too big. After that logon your gallery and go to Administration and click on the big Synchronization button. Make sure you select the radio button option directories + files and uncheck the box Simulation.

#26 2013-07-09 11:34:46

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

zzatihz1 wrote:

But it does not work on an iPad. Does anyone have any experience with a player that plays on modern browsers and iPad? An HTML5 video player would be an awesome addition to this great plugin!

as far as I know (and I tried hard), no player can work correctly in any hardware platform. or more precisely no any video can play.

One have to join several videos with different formats, one format for each platform. Youtube do this, but for a personal use it's too much

jdd

#27 2013-07-10 23:17:20

mrk
2013-01-20

for some reason I cant change mime type for video file.
It says that configuration saved but in reality everything stays as before. I am trying to move mp4 from quicktime to somewere else.

#28 2013-09-08 21:56:02

zeal

mrk wrote:

for some reason I cant change mime type for video file.
It says that configuration saved but in reality everything stays as before. I am trying to move mp4 from quicktime to somewere else.

I had exactly the same problem. I'm trying to bind mp4 to players others than quicktime (e.g. flv), but the configuration can never be changed even when it says configuration saved. Any idea how to work around this?

#29 2013-09-15 16:13:01

ruman
1970-01-01

Hello,

I am having 2 issues using Charlies content plugin.
1- only admin user is able to view video content. I have allowed other groups/individuals to access this content but still it is not listed for them.
2- in plugin configuration, I am defining specific parameters like width and height of player. I then save them and get message that update is successful but I don't see any change in gallery and moreover when coming back to plugin configuration, the default values are back.

Could someone advise how I could solve those issues?

#30 2013-09-15 19:21:07

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

ruman wrote:

Hello,

I am having 2 issues using Charlies content plugin.
1- only admin user is able to view video content. I have allowed other groups/individuals to access this content but still it is not listed for them.
2- in plugin configuration, I am defining specific parameters like width and height of player. I then save them and get message that update is successful but I don't see any change in gallery and moreover when coming back to plugin configuration, the default values are back.

Could someone advise how I could solve those issues?

Hi :-)

piwigo release ? charlies release ?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

Board footer