Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Improving hit counter by using cookies or ip addresses

#1 2011-12-09 18:55:49

RMM
2011-12-09

Improving hit counter by using cookies or ip addresses

The hit counter for the photos increases each time you look at a picture. Even if you move back and forth in an album each time you see the same picture the counter gets increased again.

- It would be nice, if once a person saw a picture it wouldn't count the same person again for a certain time span e.g. 24 hours. I guess this can be implemented by using cookies or ip addresses (I guess you know better which possibilities there are :-)). Like that it would be possible to get a more realistic hit count for the pictures (I guess it depends a bit how you define a hit. But I usually prefer to count the visitors).

- An option to not count logged in users like the admin would also be nice. just by doing some tests I increased the hit count by 50....

#2 2011-12-14 16:43:08

mersey

Re: Improving hit counter by using cookies or ip addresses

A counter to show  Image Hits would be nice ,as against page hits. I notice you can   eg; click 20 pages  get 20 hits without clicking on a photo and just by ONE visit. so not a true  count;
I think most people like to no how many photos have been viewed as against how many pages.

•  » Requests
  •  » Improving hit counter by using cookies or ip addresses

Board footer