Announcement

#1 2011-09-13 21:31:46

Lloyd
2011-09-13

Description of the different user status types

Hi,

I am new to this project. Just want to say how happy I am that I found this project, and great it is.

Can someone point me some documentation on the user status types, or if it does not currently exist, provide me with a description of each user status type.

I have searched through the forum and wiki, but can not find and information.

Thanking you in advance for your kind cooperation.
Regards,

Lloyd

#2 2011-09-13 22:35:59

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Description of the different user status types

#3 2011-09-14 00:10:25

Lloyd
2011-09-13

Thank you for your quick reply. The link you supply me with was perfect and the explanation was great.

Regards,

Lloyd

#4 2011-09-14 00:25:25

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Please note that in Piwigo 2.3, the difference between "webmaster" and "administrator" will be greater. We will soon review this wiki documentation page.

#5 2012-01-05 01:33:08

Intrepid

I have downloaded 2.3.2 I'm the Webmaster.

Now, I granted another person administration privileges. On the user page under user it states that I'm the webmaster and he is administrator but on the right side we both have admins, high definition. Because they are both the same it become unclear to me. (maybe it's just semantics).

When I click on the "lock" it takes me to a blank page for permissions for him and it's also blank for me.

Why is this blank? How is this used? My expectation would be to see what privileges we both have, then I could see the difference. I did see that items listed  can be moved from one side to another but where do the item come from?

All, I really want to do is to have him (and others) in a group add images,create, gallery's , albums, and add comments so I may have the permission wrong. Please advise.

I've tried to do the research to answer my own questions so I do not have to take your time but I find references to those questions often apply to previous editions that already been incorporated.

Thanks

Board footer