Announcement

#1 2012-01-23 23:54:44

EdB
2012-01-23

Can Piwigo work as a photo gallery/portfolio?

I've been looking for a way to create a photography gallery/portfolio without using WordPress. I came across Piwigo yesterday, downloaded it, and while it is a masterful program, it contains way more than I need.

Is there a way to make Piwigo, when accessed, just show a user-controlled slideshow, with a couple of menu items (about, portfolio, etc) attached?

Any suggestions or points in the right direction much appreciated.

EdB

#2 2012-01-24 00:12:43

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Can Piwigo work as a photo gallery/portfolio?

Hi EdB,

Use a very simple theme like Simple, Stripped or Stripped Galeria + plugin Additional Pages and you can create websites like silentcaptures.com

#3 2016-08-31 17:15:12

Em
2016-08-30

plg wrote:

Hi EdB,

Use a very simple theme like Simple, Stripped or Stripped Galeria + plugin Additional Pages and you can create websites like silentcaptures.com

Very useful info.  What plugin or setting allows the pop up to come out and show each photo with a white frame and title? Can it be available with another theme?  the only other one I saw seemed to have thicker border.

#4 2016-09-05 17:06:25

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Em wrote:

plg wrote:

Hi EdB,

Very useful info.  What plugin or setting allows the pop up to come out and show each photo with a white frame and title? Can it be available with another theme?  the only other one I saw seemed to have thicker border.

it's the Lightbox one [extension by P@t] Lightbox Then you can change the display easily through CSS

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer