Announcement

#1 2011-02-08 02:05:35

atervort
2011-02-08

Moving Piwigo to a new URL

Is there an easy way to move an installation of piwigo to a new URL? I have searched through the forum, but I haven't seen a clear answer of how to do this. The move will be on the same server, same host, but just from one URL to a new one. I know that I could make a new installation and then reupload, but I would rather just copy my picture files to the new installation or something similar in order to keep them in the current categories without having to start over from scratch.

I appreciate any help that you can give me!
Adam

#2 2011-02-08 13:36:38

saimon
2006-12-04

Re: Moving Piwigo to a new URL

if the only thing that changes is the url, e.g. from http://yoursite.com/oldpath/ to http://yoursite.com/newpath/, the only thing to do is to redirect old urls to new ones, using a .htaccess file containing sommething like:

Code:

RedirectPermanent /oldpath http://yoursite.com/newpath/

#3 2011-02-09 17:01:10

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

atervort, on server side, you can simply rename the Piwigo directory. Piwigo does not need to know where it is installed (and that makes things much easier when you want to move)

#4 2012-01-23 05:54:09

flankerp

Hi,

I have a problem. Ive moved Piwigo to the different location on the server and gto Plugins error:

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'astat_version.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/vhosts/www.soran.pl/htdocs/sklep/piwigo/plugins/AStat/main.inc.php on line 94

Warning: include_once(hgram_version.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/vhosts/www.soran.pl/htdocs/sklep/piwigo/plugins/Histogram/main.inc.php on line 63

Any idea where can I change the location for plugins?

#5 2012-01-23 08:42:42

flankerp

It looks that it is not just a plugin file path but more.

I did a test and manualy turned off in DB these two plugins but it still didnt work.

The website path needs to be saved somewhere but I couldnt find it.

Please support,

Cheers

#6 2012-01-24 08:35:26

flankerp

Guys?

Can you help me with?

#7 2012-01-24 21:18:09

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi flankerp,

Theoretically, as I wrote earlier, Piwigo doesn't need to know its own path. I find it very "unexpected" that Astat and Histogram need to know this. Which plugins are currently activated?

#8 2012-01-25 02:07:57

flankerp

Hi,

I have now deactivated all of them in the phpMyAdmin and get this when I open my webpage:

>>>
Warning: require_once(Smarty_Compiler.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/www/vhosts/www.soran.pl/htdocs/sklep/piwigo/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1459

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Smarty_Compiler.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/vhosts/www.soran.pl/htdocs/sklep/piwigo/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1459
<<<

The address to my gallery is: www.soran.pl/piwigo

#9 2012-01-26 04:33:24

flankerp

Guys?

Any idea?

Eventually I will have to move this gallery back to the original folder but I would like to know how to control the path of the current installation

Cheers

#10 2012-01-26 10:02:18

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi flankerp,

You can't "control the path of the installation", Piwigo is not bound to an URL or a directory (which makes moving Piwigo very easy).

What the error says is that some files are missing. Send me your FTP connection settings for a precise answer :-)

#11 2012-01-26 22:35:20

flankerp

Hi,

I dont think so, as when I had moved the very first time whole PIWIGO to the location where Error message says:
www.soran.pl/sklep/piwigo
everything was fine. Once I moved to the current one (www.soran.pl/piwigo) I have this error message.
If I move it back to ...sklep/piwigo everything will be fine

The server path (virtual path) where the domain is connected is: www.soran.pl/

The physical path is .../usr/local/www/vhosts/www.soran.pl/htdocs/

#12 2012-01-27 13:48:10

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

I'm sorry flankerp, but I say it one more time: Piwigo is not bound to an URL or a directory.

Are you 100% sure that you have correctly configured your Apache DocRoot or Alias?

#13 2012-01-27 15:03:49

flankerp

Hi,

Yep.

Im wondering how do Piwigo know that previously it was on this location  .../sklep/piwigo

Have a look into the error message:
---------
Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Smarty_Compiler.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /usr/local/www/vhosts/www.soran.pl/htdocs/sklep/piwigo/include/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1459
---------

Its definitely looking into the relevant path where I had Piwigo installed before. It might not be the Piwigo itself but possibly some of plugins...

I will move this back to the folder .../sklep/Piwigo and de-activate every plugin I have installed then will move to the  final place and let you know.

Cheers

#14 2012-02-01 04:13:40

flankerp

Ok...

Maybe not Piwigo it self but additional pluggins are keeping the full path somewhere in the file.

I recreated the folder where I had my Piwigo installed before (...sklep/Piwigo) and added permanent link redirecting  to the current one... and?

Its working...

So during the installation process (pluggins? Smarty?) it saved the full path somewhere, definitely.

I checked it several times and the best proof is my curent installaiton...

Unfortunately I did not find the file where the problematic path is posted...

#15 2012-02-01 14:04:47

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

flankerp wrote:

So during the installation process (pluggins? Smarty?) it saved the full path somewhere, definitely.

I checked it several times and the best proof is my curent installaiton...

Unfortunately I did not find the file where the problematic path is posted...

If you find it, I would like to know where it is. As a core developer (and founder) of Piwigo, I know there is no such path saved in Piwigo (and at least once a week, I move a gallery from a place to another and I never need to update any stored path).

Board footer