Announcement

#1 2009-07-25 00:50:32

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

plugin Community

Hello Piwigo and pLoader users,

I've just finished the first revision of the plugin [extension by plg] Community

Users don't need to be admin to add photos with pLoader (or any other web API client that can add photos to Piwigo)

If you have a family photo gallery for example, you don't need to give administrator status to your parents, just give them the proper "Community permission level" and they will be able to add photos in your gallery with pLoader.

#2 2009-07-25 17:41:56

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: plugin Community

Currently, Piwigo doesn't store the user that has added the photo. We have an "author" column in the images table BUT I'm not sure it's the right way to do this. The author is not the poster.

For example, if Amy takes a photo of a Picasso paint, and then Peter (Amy's husband) post the photo on the gallery. Who's the author? (I would say "Picasso" if the gallery is "art oriented", and "Amy" otherwise, but certainly not "Peter").

#3 2011-09-07 05:57:21

Zirc

I get the following error message when non-admin users upload pictures into an album:

Warning:  [mysql error 1265] Data truncated for column 'section' at row 1

INSERT INTO *****_history
  (
    date,
    time,
    user_id,
    IP,
    section,
    category_id,
    image_id,
    image_type,
    tag_ids
  )
  VALUES
  (
    CURRENT_DATE,
    CURRENT_TIME,
    '66.41.67.142',
    'add_photos',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL
  )
; in ...\include\dblayer\functions_mysql.inc.php on line 654

#4 2011-09-07 09:38:36

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi Zirc,

Do you confirm it only occurs when you use the "old style form"?

Actually, when I look at the database structure, the error can be expected and I wonder why I never encountered it before and why nobody else has reported this error.

#5 2012-01-09 05:51:18

fanatic26
2012-01-09

Hello plg

First I would like to say thank you for the amazing work you have put in on this. I recently installed Piwigo 2.3.2 and installed the Community extension. It successfully installed and added the upload link, however I receive the SQL error on the upload page itself. While it seems that you understand the error, attached is a screenshot to illustrate what the issue I am seeing is, just in case.

I see that this post is a few months old. Is there a beta of the plugin that fixes this? Would upgrading to the 2.4.0 beta fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Geo

#6 2012-02-28 17:06:48

Dirt Modeler

Would it be possible to change the Album display structure when users are uploading their photos?

Having all of the albums listed in a drop-down box, one on top of the other doesn't work very well when you get a lot of them.

I would love to see a tree structure appear, where you'd click the + sign next to the Album to open up more sub-albums as you zero-in on where you want the photos to go.

As the software stands now, if the site has 1000 albums, they will be listed one after the other.

It can be really confusing to a new user with all of that information at once.

A tree structure would help filter out all of the sub-albums from categories the uploaders aren't interested in.

#7 2012-05-13 12:06:35

AlbertParera
Translation Team
2012-04-23

I have the same error:

Warning: [mysql error 1265] Data truncated for column 'section' at row 1

INSERT INTO piwigo_history
  (
    date,
    time,
    user_id,
    IP,
    section,
    category_id,
    image_id,
    image_type,
    tag_ids
  )
  VALUES
  (
    CURRENT_DATE,
    CURRENT_TIME,
    '192.168.1.33',
    'add_photos',
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL,
    NULL
  )
; in ...\include\dblayer\functions_mysql.inc.php on line 767

I think this occurs only in IIS environment...

#8 2012-07-03 22:23:30

Michael

any word on an update of the community plugin for version 2.4?

#9 2012-07-04 01:54:40

pewe
2012-03-16

any word on an update of the community plugin for version 2.4?

I have the current version installed in 2.4, and although it reports not compatible, IT WORKS!  ;-)

#10 2012-07-04 20:15:44

Michael

I have a fresh install, and the community plugin is not listed.  I'm also remote, and do not have FTP installed/available to upload the zip.

#11 2012-07-04 20:30:28

pewe
2012-03-16

and do not have FTP installed/available to upload

So you cannot upload anything?? How did you install Piwigo originally?

#12 2012-07-07 19:55:20

MrDiscoChimp

Michael wrote:

I have a fresh install, and the community plugin is not listed.  I'm also remote, and do not have FTP installed/available to upload the zip.

I have this issue too. I installed via Simplescript. Well I do have FTP access, but am working away from home on my iPad so it would be a real hassle to do it that way.

#13 2012-07-11 19:17:51

Michael

MrDiscoChimp wrote:

Michael wrote:

I have this issue too. I installed via Simplescript. Well I do have FTP access, but am working away from home on my iPad so it would be a real hassle to do it that way.

Simiar case, but have since installed it.

However, see post: http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19872

Board footer