Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » Suggestion : obtaining simple HTML code for uploaded gallery

#1 2012-03-03 01:46:49

Oliverfr

Suggestion : obtaining simple HTML code for uploaded gallery

Hello,

I would have a suggestion for Piwigo, in order to allow us to use the created galleries elsewhere.

Simply, that when we upload a gallery of pictures, we would be offered an "HTML code" part, showing us a simple
a href = image1_url    img src =  thumbnail1_url  /   /a
a href = image2_url    img src =  thumbnail2_url  /   /a
a href = image3_url    img src =  thumbnail2_url  /   /a
structure.

This way, we would be able to "export" our creations. For instance, we could paste the HTML into a wordpress or blogspot blog, without facing the nightmare of questioning the possibility of a deeper integration. Or, why not, we could use this code on other places like ebay.

What do you think of it, wouldn't it be great ? In my personal case, this is the ONE thing stopping me from using piwigo at once :)

And here, if this feature is actually already available, please, DO bash me, but tell me where ;)

Thanks for reading me, and I hope I could convince coding-friendly persons to implement this in the future :)
Oliver

#2 2012-03-03 01:58:39

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Suggestion : obtaining simple HTML code for uploaded gallery

Hi,
well this is a good idea of plugin (in line of Gotcha plugin that generates BBCode and HTML for each picture)

but I wonder why you said it's stopping you using Piwigo ^^... I mean I've never seen this feature in any other gallery software

#3 2012-03-03 02:00:40

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

And there is a Wordpress plugin for linking Piwigo gallery
[extension by VDigital] PiwigoPress
or [extension by johnnyfive] PiwigoMedia

never tryied them but perhaps it fit your needs

#4 2012-03-03 11:52:07

Oliverfr

Thank you mistic, I'll give the second plugin a look :) I fear this may turn to a time-consuming whore instead of a quick and easy "get-the-links-copy-paste-them-and-DONE" system, but, well, I'll see :)

As for the reason why it's stopping me using Piwigo, it must be related to my online uses.

I very frequently embed images into blogs (I have a few) and occasionally in forum discussions (bbcode).
Even today, I'm resorting to websites like imagevenue.com for this, to upload a bunch of pictures and quickly get links to share them. However, the more time passes the more I want to keep control over my pictures, and use them in albums, and manage to find old uploads of mine... in short, my needs are Piwigo [i] plus a quick "html for embedding" feature :D

#5 2012-03-03 14:42:30

oliverfr

Oliverfr wrote:

Thank you mistic, I'll give the second plugin a look :) I fear this may turn to a time-consuming whore instead of a quick and easy "get-the-links-copy-paste-them-and-DONE" system

CHORE I MEANT CHORE !

As a weak alibi I can write that i'm French and not English, but, honestly, I am ashamed to realize what I wrote, I'm sorry -_-

#6 2012-03-03 14:46:42

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

ahaha I though it was slang expression (I'm french too)

you can register on the forum, then you will be able to edit your posts ;)

Last edited by mistic100 (2012-03-03 14:47:12)

#7 2012-03-03 18:50:03

lisaviolet
san diego, california
2011-01-03

oliverfr wrote:

Oliverfr wrote:

Thank you mistic, I'll give the second plugin a look :) I fear this may turn to a time-consuming whore instead of a quick and easy "get-the-links-copy-paste-them-and-DONE" system

CHORE I MEANT CHORE !

As a weak alibi I can write that i'm French and not English, but, honestly, I am ashamed to realize what I wrote, I'm sorry -_-

Well, in reality, it works fine as is. Here in the U.S., we speak of "energy whores", "gas whores", "water whores", using "whores" as something that sucks something dry, well, maybe "drain" would be a better word.

;D

#8 2012-03-11 00:45:27

Oliverfr

In case other persons are interested in that subject, I think I can report the result from my tests, that second wordpress plugin works like a charm, and does things fast and well.

This is still much slower than if Piwigo was providing the code itself, but this is still pretty decent :)

•  » Requests
  •  » Suggestion : obtaining simple HTML code for uploaded gallery

Board footer