Announcement

#1 2012-03-31 21:46:14

marchelly

How to create thumbnails from shell?

Hi, is there a way to run thumbnail create/update script for all needed pictures in gallery from bahs shell? There is a problem with thumb generation page, because it tries to load all my pictures without thumbs into this page and hangs the browser (25k pics). Thanks

#2 2012-03-31 21:53:18

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: How to create thumbnails from shell?

Hi,
so you use FTP upload ? you can use one of these tools (all for windows)
[extension by mistic100] PHP Optimisateur
[extension by Gotcha] Batch Optimisateur
[extension by tieum] batch_all

and some other available in http://piwigo.org/ext/, in "Tools" category

#3 2012-03-31 21:55:11

marchelly

Thank you for links, yes, I used FTP-like method, just added my gallery to piwigo gallery folder and used sync.

#4 2012-04-01 13:32:35

marchelly

I was not able to use any of this solutions, most of them is for windos or just on French, and none of them have the only one function: thumb creation. just tu type #script.sh gallerydir and get all thubms created. If there is no working solution for this, I'll write this script. Just let me know. Thanks.

#5 2012-04-01 14:23:52

marchelly

BTW batch_all is not working with dirnames/filenames with spaces. Should be quoted.
I think I can write needed script like thumb_gen.sh based on this batch_all, but which would do next:
1. Work on given dir, for example:
galleries/Album_name, check thumbs dir already exists, if yes, exit, if no - create it and start making thumbs recursively.
2. write log or just STDOUT, with information about current working dir, errors, etc.
3. count all worked pictures, done thumbs, errors.
4. write summary on exit.

Let me know what do you think about this before I begin.

Board footer