Hello to all beta-testers,
The second release candidate for Piwigo 2.4 is available. This version is for test only, don't install it on your live website.
For those who have followed the beta versions of the previous months, you already know that Piwigo 2.4 brings many new features. For others, you can read previous announcements:
* announcement for 2.4.0beta1
* announcement for 2.4.0beta2
* announcement for 2.4.0RC1
Here follows the list of changes available in version 2.4.0RC2, compared to version 2.4.0RC1:
* [Bugtracker, feature 2600, fixed] hide missing info and deactivate options by default
* [Bugtracker, feature 2586, fixed] simpler sort order labels on gallery side
* [Bugtracker, feature 2599, fixed] load jQuery by default on gallery
* [Bugtracker, feature 2598, fixed] add sizes XXS and XS
* [Bugtracker, feature 2594, fixed] redesign on album permission screen
* [Bugtracker, feature 414, fixed] synchronization, set more permitted characters for file names
* [Bugtracker, bug 2604, fixed] [multiple size] rotation
* [Bugtracker, bug 2596, fixed] [Batch Manager] filter on privacy level with option on lower levels
* [Bugtracker, bug 2593, fixed] localization on new "Applications" screen
Improvements on the new default theme Elegant include a sliding pane for photo properties.
New sort orders on gallery side, more options and easier to understand.
New album permission screen: the public/private status was moved from the album properties screen, groups and users can be found by auto-completion.
2 new sizes XXS and XS: they are designed to be displayed on the thumbnail page as "big thumbnails".
3) Start your tests
Test Piwigo 2.4 live demo or Download Piwigo 2.4.0RC2
Please, try to open a new topic in the beta testing forum for each problem you may encounter.
If you can not install this test release, but you still want to test and help us stabilize Piwigo 2.4, we will provide you a "ready to use" test environment. Just ask.
Have a nice time while discovering Piwigo 2.4 new features!
The Piwigo Team
It's gone very quiet on here. Any ideas on a release date as April is over half way through :(
Also just noticed on your test site it says RC3 at the bottom, I hope this means things arew close to being finalised :-D
Last edited by skpManiac (2012-04-20 09:23:49)
... so ...i see too ..the demo test say RC3 ...what improved ..and fixed ??? ... can download for testing ??? :))))) .. i love piwigo team work !!!! ..hope to see 2.4.0 final
On the live demo you see RC3 because as soon as RC2 is released I update the version number on "trunk" (the developpement branch), see [Subversion] r13885
I plan to release 2.4.0RC3 tomorrow. What changes? redesigned configuration screen for multiple size, redesigned configuration screen for watermark and other corrections listed on http://piwigo.org/bugs/changelog_page.php