•  » Requests
  •  » Photo upload per e-mail

#1 2012-03-24 19:57:28

roblen
Vienna, Austria
1970-01-01

Photo upload per e-mail

Hello,

how about an uploading function per e-mail (like Posterous,..). You send an e-Mail. Topic is the Titel of the photo.

For choosing the right album, there could be two ways:

1) Define in settings one album in which pictures per e-mail go in
2) (as some Services do) - Name between (( and )) in the title of the e-mail is the name of the album.

In the settings you can define which e-mail-adress(es) can send photos to your piwigo installation.

What do you think?

With this method you have the ability to upload photos from all kind of smartphones, tablets, PCs,... you need no special software.. Could be nice to make an daily updated album within your holiday trip abroad,....

Some Services like Posterous give you a second opportunity. Send two or more photos in one E-Mail and it create another Blog Post with an album in it. This could mean for Piwigo to create a new Album with all photo attachments in it.

Regards
Robert

Last edited by roblen (2012-03-24 19:57:49)

#2 2012-03-29 23:40:43

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: Photo upload per e-mail

Hi roblen,

This is a very interesting feature. I have no idea yet on how we could implement it, but this could be very useful.

#3 2012-04-26 15:24:26

Darryl
2010-04-27

This is a great idea.

I would think you would need to implement an email client into Piwigo that would "accept" the emails. You could configure the email address/account in this client (similar to the way Outlook would) and when an email arrives to that address/account with the parameters specified by OP, then it would process the attachment (picture) as such.

#4 2012-05-10 13:31:35

dartcafe

I am looking for a solution like this for a long time.

I think it could be a solution to call a pop3 account in a regulary way (i.e. calling a php script via cron) and import the attached photos into a special upload folder like the file upload. After that the pictures can be sorted into albums.

•  » Requests
  •  » Photo upload per e-mail

Board footer