Sorry if this has been posted before. I really DID search first but got nothing!
I'm still running the prehistoric PHPWebGallery 1.3.3 and wonder what would be my best option for converting to Piwigo. I have 1780 tagged photos in my gallery so I would prefer an upgrade but will settle for a whole new installation. In that case would it be best to install Piwigo parallel and pull the plug on WebGallery once Piwigo is satisfactorily up and running?
http://wse22552.web07.talkactive.net/we … pand=all,2
You should follow the Manual Upgrade procedure. Unfortunately, the Prepare 2.1 Upgrade extension needs at least PhpWebGallery 1.4 so first, you have to upgrade to 1.4.1.
0. backup your database
1. Download PhpWebGallery 1.4.1
2. extract files and transfer phpwebgallery-1.4.1 on your website, next to your webgallery directory
3. copy webgallery/include/mysql.inc.php into phpwebgallery-1.4.1/include directory
4. in your web browser, open http://yourdomain.com/phpwebgallery-1.4.1/upgrade.php and follow the procedure
5. follow the Manual Upgrade procedure to upgrade to Piwigo 2.1
6. on your website, rename webgallery into webgallery.old and rename phpwebgallery-1.4.1 into webgallery
7. copy webgallery.old/galleries into webgallery
Thank you, can only confirm that this still works when upgrading from 1.3.2 (!) through 1.4.1 to 2.3.4.
Hit some troubles with 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 and had to do a lot of manual database changes (very likely due to a 7.7 million entries in the database - the server kept hanging up on me), but the rest was easy.
Thank you guys for creating and maintaining this lovely gallery.