Announcement

#1 2012-07-15 01:55:09

springdew
2012-07-15

How can I get "click for high defintion" back?

Hi Team.

I promise I looked for this info for quite a while and still didn't find it, so if I messed that up and it is somewhere easy, I am so sorry.

I recently updated 2.4, and now, all across the gallery, you can no longer click the web size photo to get the high definition (or high resolution) version of the photo. This was a really popular and useful feature.

True, people can still download the original image by clicking the floppy disk icon at the top left, but newer visitors will have a hard time finding that. I really liked it the way it was.

Is there some simple way to get this back?

Pertinent facts:
- Piwigo 2.4 (possibly 2.4.1? I didn't see where to find out my version info in Administration, and it oddly doesn't appear in the commented headers in the .php files - at least not the ones I looked at) on Unix shared server environment.
- I upload with PLoader for Windows.
- I don't code anymore. I made different life choices, so I try to choose my tools to fit them. I don't always succeed. :-)
- Gallery at http://www.timey-wimey.com/gallery/

Please let me know if there is more info I can provide that would be helpful. Thanks for any help I can get!

#2 2012-07-15 02:19:02

springdew
2012-07-15

Re: How can I get "click for high defintion" back?

"The version information is displayed in the first line in the Administration Home page.
Is that what you are looking for?"

I feel silly.

So yes, I have 2.4.1. and here's the environment stuff:

Environment
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.2.17 (Show info) [2012-07-14 17:17:41]
mysql: 5.1.39-log [2012-07-14 17:17:42]
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.6.0-4

#3 2012-07-15 03:03:41

springdew
2012-07-15

So, in trying to fix this, I've somehow told Piwigo that each image page should show the thumbnail instead of web size image (or "large" in the new sizing scheme). I have no idea how this occurred - I didn't see a setting for such a thing. All details in the comments to http://www.timey-wimey.com/2012/07/14/p … omment-327

#4 2012-07-15 13:14:30

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

springdew wrote:

So, in trying to fix this, I've somehow told Piwigo that each image page should show the thumbnail instead of web size image (or "large" in the new sizing scheme). I have no idea how this occurred - I didn't see a setting for such a thing. All details in the comments to http://www.timey-wimey.com/2012/07/14/p … omment-327

about that you seems to have disabled all the sizes

about the "click to see the hd" it might be initially  planed to do something better in Elegant like a zoom logo, hover the web size picture... I notify zaphod

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2012-07-15 13:21:28

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

Elegant only uses default templates, so it'll be exactly the same.
You have to click on the picture size icon and choose ''original'' to see the hd picture.

On some other themes you still have the click on image to see hd feature.
(stripped for example, but there should be others too)

#6 2012-07-15 13:36:01

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Zaphod wrote:

Elegant only uses default templates, so it'll be exactly the same.
You have to click on the picture size icon and choose ''original'' to see the hd picture.

On some other themes you still have the click on image to see hd feature.
(stripped for example, but there should be others too)

I notified you about that zoom icon : I remember a sort of discussion in the french froum about the way to display the orignal/hd pict. what about that? it's planed or... not ^^

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#7 2012-07-15 18:29:16

springdew
2012-07-15

Thanks guys.

I am using Clear, which also uses default templates.

So to sum up, I now have 2 problems:

1. The link on the image to click to see high definition is now gone.

2. The installation of Piwigo no longer knows that the default image size should be what used to be called  "web size" but is now called "large", so it shows a thumbnail instead. Visitors have to manually select "large" with the "Photo sizes" icon.

If I use the Autosize plugin, at least the visitor will see a big enough image, but the header and left menu vanish, so this is not ideal.

Maybe I will try changing themes to stripped to see if the whole thing is a theme issue.

#8 2012-07-15 18:40:29

springdew
2012-07-15

So I switched to the Stripped theme and deactivated the AutoSize plugin. Stripped is showing the default image size at the correct size, so that much is good. Still can't click the image to get the high definition image, though. But at least the Download link is obviously for downloading, so that's better.

That changes my priority from Emergency to Nuisance, now that I have a workaround. :-)  Thanks for any help available on these 2 issues.

#9 2012-07-15 19:04:58

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

springdew wrote:

so it shows a thumbnail instead. Visitors have to manually select "large" with the "Photo sizes" icon.

in fact no : certainly you have clicked on thumbnail size. Then Piwigo remembers the size you selected to keep it , useful for low connection. But it's not applied to all users, just yours.

#10 2012-07-15 19:25:46

springdew
2012-07-15

When I tested in a different browser - Firefox instead of Chrome - by default the image was thumbnail, instead of the large I clicked in Chrome.

Board footer