Announcement

•  » Requests
  •  » 'picasa like' gallery sharing

#1 2012-07-24 11:41:42

galandilias
2012-07-24

'picasa like' gallery sharing

Hi,

Is there any extension (I have searched available ones) which will enable sharing password protected gallery without any password or registeration - only by link with a token? (I saw such a solution implemented in ownCloud project - maybe if it is not present here it can be taken easily from there?)

Regards,
Marcin

#2 2012-07-24 11:44:05

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: 'picasa like' gallery sharing

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2012-07-24 11:54:26

galandilias
2012-07-24

wow :) impressive speed of reply :) - this extension is not compatible with 2.4? I dont see it in my piwigo interface in other plugins section...

#4 2012-07-24 12:06:43

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

author don' say is compatible but more user use with piwigo 2.4

You can test ;-)

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#5 2012-07-24 13:26:42

galandilias
2012-07-24

I guess it is working - but - I dont want to create any new user in my gallery... This plugin requires me to create a new one - am I right? What I want to do is just to generate this 'code' for a specific gallery (which in fact should be a link to gallery)

#6 2012-07-24 14:21:27

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

hi
you want password protection and a link, but piwigo is much more powerful with users which are basically a combination of a id and pwd. So it's very close to your need, and the plugin provide autologin through a link : just create a generic user. Genreric users can't customize their account, and several people can be connected at the same time using a generic account

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#7 2012-07-24 14:32:46

galandilias
2012-07-24

Okay - lets assume that my gallery has two albums with rights to photos only for administrators (me), albums are available for everyone, than I create a link for an anonymous user to first album - page says than that user has insufficient privileges, what I did than: I have assigned the right to view this album to anonymous user - okay - link have started to work - but when I did the same thing with other album and generated other key to it, anonymous user which entered gallery with second key as autologin could view both albums... Which is obviously not the thing I wanted to achieve :)

What should I do to enable people to view only the album to which they have link from me? Should I create separate user for each link? It is not convenience way...

Look here: http://demo.owncloud.org/public.php?ser … le=/Photos

This is a demo app - what I did there is I only clicked 'share' on a folder and then clicked 'share with private link' <- try it yourself - maybe it is doable in piwigo too

#8 2012-07-30 15:46:37

galandilias
2012-07-24

Whats about this? Can be done? Or can you provide me with steps how to solve my scenario described above...

Last edited by galandilias (2012-07-30 15:47:29)

#9 2012-08-17 04:10:51

brandtb

I found this thread looking for the solution to a similar problem. I just installed Event Cat (manually on Piwigo 2.4.3) and it looks to do exactly what I was looking for.

I believe the answer to your question is "yes", you need to create a separate user for each album that should be isolated from all others, because Event Cat leverages the built in user permissions system. However, Event Cat tries to simplify this for you with the "Full Auto" button at the top of the New Autolog page. Over time I could see the number of users becoming a management issue, but I guess that depends on how many you plan to publish and for how long they need to be available.

Anyway, good luck.

brandtb

•  » Requests
  •  » 'picasa like' gallery sharing

Board footer