•  » Stripped with icons?

#1 2012-08-09 12:32:11

Yogie
Translation Team
Germany
2012-07-24

Stripped with icons?

Hi,

is it anyhow possible to get the menu items displayed as icons instead of the wording? I'm referring to "map", "earth", "edit", "language", "caddie", "slideshow" etc. on the right hand side...

Cheers and many thanks for any guidance...
Yogie

Last edited by Yogie (2012-08-09 12:34:27)

#2 2012-08-09 13:21:40

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

Re: Stripped with icons?

No, there is no such option.
It's possible to modify the theme to do so, but you will need to include your own icons, are there are none with the theme (except the ones on the picture page).

I want to add the possibility of displaying icons, but I can't find some I like... and I didn't manage to do them myself.

#3 2012-08-09 13:24:02

Yogie
Translation Team
Germany
2012-07-24

Zaphod wrote:

It's possible to modify the theme to do so, but you will need to include your own icons, are there are none with the theme (except the ones on the picture page).

Well there is a plugin offering several icon sets, there is one set I would love to use. And where has the modification to be done? I'm quite new to Piwigo and not familiar with Themes and how to create a child theme! Or would it be a simple change with the LocalFiles Editor plugin?

Last edited by Yogie (2012-08-09 13:25:59)

#4 2012-08-09 13:30:36

Zaphod
Former Piwigo Team
2006-11-13

Yogie wrote:

Well there is a plugin offering several icon sets, there is one set I would love to use.

stripped theme structure is different from other themes... it is based on "simple" theme where there are no icons, so nothing is written in the theme to be able to display icons.

Yogie wrote:

And where has the modification to be done? I'm quite new to Piwigo and not familiar with Themes and how to create a child theme! Or would it be a simple change with the LocalFiles Editor plugin?

Honnestly, the more I think of this, the more I think it would be quite complicated to do (there is even some javascript to modify...)

If one day I manage to get (or create) a clean set of icon... I will add them in stripped... but it's not planned for now.

#5 2012-08-09 13:33:57

Yogie
Translation Team
Germany
2012-07-24

Zaphod wrote:

Honnestly, the more I think of this, the more I think it would be quite complicated to do (there is even some javascript to modify...)

If one day I manage to get (or create) a clean set of icon... I will add them in stripped... but it's not planned for now.

Ok, then I have to throw my wish over board for now :-) thanks for your help! Looking forward to see the upcoming things once...

Cheers
Yogie

•  » Themes
  •  » Stripped with icons?

Board footer