Announcement

#1 2012-09-09 12:41:13

MasinAD
2012-09-09

Compatibility of extensions

Hello!

I used the extension user tags prior to 2.4 and was quite happy with it. After some time I updated Piwigo and now the extension won't work anymore. How does Piwigo know the compatibility of extensions? I browsed all the files of the extension and didn't find any clues. Does Piwigo query the extension repository for compatibilty?

Also, I checked http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=dev:changes_in_2.4 and compared it to the files of the user tags extension. But I did not find any incompatibilities.

Sincerely,
Masin

#2 2012-09-09 12:50:42

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Compatibility of extensions

Piwigo checks http://piwigo.org/ext

actually there were far more mofications than listed on the technical page so it's not impossible that the plugin doesn't work, you'll have to wait for an update

#3 2012-09-09 13:24:16

MasinAD
2012-09-09

Thank you.

But waiting for an update is quite unsatisfying as the author nikrou seems to have abandoned the extension and my users are waiting for the release of a few hundred pictures I have to tage prior. I tried to contact him about a week ago and haven't received an answer yet (ok, maybe he's on vacation somewhere without e-mail). Thus, I'll go ahead and try to find out why the extension stopped working.

Are there any debug options I can activate? At least the part of the extension that's PHP (and SQL and HTML and CSS) I can debug. Don't know about Smarty yet.

#4 2012-09-09 13:45:51

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hi
currently many people just come back from holidays and now return to work. But he might be unavailable for coding, I don't remember if he wrote something in the last 3 months
we can help in your effort : is there any error messages?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#5 2012-09-09 14:30:21

MasinAD
2012-09-09

In the list of extensions, Piwigo warns that the extension is not compatible with this version of Piwigo. I can activate it nonetheless. A Javascript requester asks if I really want to activate. I do. Now the extension configuration is available on the left side. Extension configuration seems to work (I didn't change anything yet, as all values are as they should be).

Now, when I view an image without tags, there's no error and no warning but also no form field to enter tags. When I view an image _with_ tags, the extension displays the current tags, it shows the icon for editing, and when clicked it shows the form field. I can add tags and update, I can delete tags and update. IIRC the form field has been on the right side where the listing of tags has been prior (form field replaced tag listing). Now, the form field replaces the label 'Tags' (or Schlagwörter in german) and the listing of tags disappears -- the form field is on the left side, the right side is empty.

While walking through the steps I walked through HMTL source and extension source.

There were these occurences of
$GLOBALS['conf']['local_data_dir']
that had to be changed to
$GLOBALS['conf']['data_location']

maintain.inc.php:36
t4u_config.class.php:62

Currently, I analyse what public.php does. Seems promising.

Board footer