Announcement

#1 2012-10-09 07:03:38

tikal808
2012-10-09

[resolved] can not login to 2.4.4

Hi I just setup Nginx and php5-fpm for piwigo 2.4.4. This is on Ubuntu 12.04. A brand new install of piwigo. The installer accepts the info I give it regarding mysql database connection parameters. Then redirects me to a page that says I need to login to upgrade the piwigo database. Why would I need to upgrade a database when I've downloaded the newest version of piwigo, and it's also a new install?

--excerpt--
This page proposes to upgrade the database from your old Piwigo version to the new version. The upgrade assistant thinks you are currently running release 1.3.0 (or equivalent).

Only an administrator can run upgrade: please sign in below.
--end excerpt--

The page will not accept the password I gave the installer. I've tried three times with the same result. I even deleted the mysql database and started over with a new one, but get the same results.

Any tips or pointers are truly appreciated.

#2 2012-10-09 07:56:10

tikal808
2012-10-09

Re: [resolved] can not login to 2.4.4

Well I feel silly, but one would expect to see an error message or something. The issue with not being able to login and getting the notice about upgrading was a MySQL permissions issue. I took a look at the piwigo database that I had created, and there was no tables present. That seemed odd. Then I looked at the permissions, and I had missed some stuff. After adjusting that and re-running the installer, it works. All better now, and I'm able to login!

#3 2012-10-09 10:42:41

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: [resolved] can not login to 2.4.4

Hello
normally you get mysql errors on installation step. Strange "The installer accepts the info" and you don't get any mysql errors! Pretty sure it's your environment, your custom install Nginx

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer