#1 2012-10-19 21:28:25

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Features to promote

Hi Piwigo users,

We need your help to improve piwigo.org website:

1) which features would you promote on http://piwigo.org homepage, I mean the "Features you'll love" block

2) which features would you add or move on the features page

Features can be anything Piwigo already does (no feature request please).

Based on your recommendations, we'll improve the website, so please give your opinion.

#2 2012-10-20 11:59:55

IGraham
UK
2011-09-28

Re: Features to promote

For me the glaring omission from your 'front page' and 'more features' page is the lack of any mention of the Community/Multi user aspect of Piwigo. For me having registered users who can create an account, upload and add detail and then revisit their account, photos and detail is a major plus, I wouldn't be using Piwigo if this wasn't possible.
Its an aspect your not pushing

And maybe your front page is focused on features rather than usability, balance the left side features section with something that comes at Piwigo from how easy it is to use and personalise, different baits for different users.
Yes I know you have 'Showcase' but that really doesn't do it for me, think you'd be better of buildings a few specific examples and then around the sides pointing out the aspects

#3 2012-10-20 12:50:43

Eric
Former Piwigo Team
VALENCE (FR)
2005-03-25

Re: Features to promote

IGraham wrote:

And maybe your front page is focused on features rather than usability, balance the left side features section with something that comes at Piwigo from how easy it is to use and personalise, different baits for different users.

I agree and would add something about the upgrade process (for core and plugins) that is amazing of simplicity.

I think this is a great point of interest for newbies and "basic" Piwigo users (mainly professional / amateur photographers and not experts in web technologies). They are not interested in technology but want that works. And most will work without them, the better it is. And Piwigo does it ! ;-)

•  » Website
  •  » Features to promote

Board footer