Announcement

#1 2013-01-22 05:13:23

dpolites
2013-01-22

Album Rights Question

Hi,

I am new to Piwigo but not to rights in other photo sites and I work in software support but still have a question.

When creating an album with one of Piwigo's various upload tools, there is the option for "Who can see these pictures".  So obviously that is setting some rights.  However, even when setting a value like "Admins, Family", when I go to the album in the admin tool it still says public for permissions.

My question is if I set a value "Admins, Family", where are those rights stored and editable?  For example if I want to then make this album public.

I know I can make Albums all private and implement specific security, but I am trying to understand how to change the more basic security that is set when the album is created.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan.

Last edited by dpolites (2013-01-22 05:13:50)

#2 2013-01-22 11:54:24

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Album Rights Question

Hello
sry about our documentation a bit empty
the level permission Who can.. is for pictures, the properties private/public is for album : the right system on album use groups and users, the level of permission use -well- the level of permission set for each user.
You can use one or both.

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-01-22 21:01:30

dpolites
2013-01-22

flop25 wrote:

Hello
sry about our documentation a bit empty
the level permission Who can.. is for pictures, the properties private/public is for album : the right system on album use groups and users, the level of permission use -well- the level of permission set for each user.
You can use one or both.

Hi,

Just a follow up to this.

Is there a way to change the "Who can see these pictures" after the album is created and pictures added?  I have been looking through the options in Admin and don't see any.

If I want to restrict by changing "Who can see these pictures" from "Everybody" to "Admins, Family" for example, where would I do this? So that the album gets removed from the view when not logged in.

I hope you understand my question.  I do understand french but it has been a while since I lived in Quebec.

Thanks.

#4 2013-01-22 21:07:38

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

As I said "Who can see these pictures" aka level of permission is set on PICTURES, not on album : there is an drop down select, on the upload page

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#5 2013-01-22 21:12:02

dpolites
2013-01-22

flop25 wrote:

As I said "Who can see these pictures" aka level of permission is set on PICTURES, not on album : there is an drop down select, on the upload page

Hi, I know it is on the upload page when you are adding the pictures.  Once the pictures are already added, can this be changed?

Thanks.

#6 2013-01-22 21:13:22

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hmm of course : picture edition page or the batch manager

#7 2013-01-22 21:18:01

dpolites
2013-01-22

flop25 wrote:

Hmm of course : picture edition page or the batch manager

Thanks for the help.  I got it.  It just takes a little more digging in the menu options to find what I need.

Board footer