•  » Requests
  •  » Smarpocket (mobile theme) improvements

#1 2013-02-15 12:51:34

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Smarpocket (mobile theme) improvements

Hi all
here a topic to list features which you would like to see added or improved for the mobile theme
I will update this first post in order to make a technical feature list for [Bugtracker] ticket 2848

1-post comments, rate and other features usually on the picture page : create responsive css for picture.tpl
Then we can :
-add a button on the current third party slideshow to the picture.php page, and add a call to count the visit in the history table
-or, display the picture.php page by default and add a button slideshow which would use the current third party slideshow
2- no picture page : see 1
3-more pages (comments etc) : create responsive css for each page and the future 'generic_page.tpl'
4-add a better menu, and with more links since for pt3
5-config page in the admin panel  for the slideshow
6- page tittle displayed at the top

More specific features or more/better technical details?

Last edited by flop25 (2013-02-19 15:05:02)

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#2 2013-02-15 17:40:34

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

Re: Smarpocket (mobile theme) improvements

I would like a way to prevent (or make optional) the situation where viewing photos loops around continuously.
In other words I would like it to stop at the last photo in each album.

Tadjio

#3 2013-02-15 17:42:51

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

I would like the Tools History Statistics to include viewing of each individual photo (as it does for other themes).

Tadjio

#4 2013-02-15 17:46:39

Tadjio
UK
2012-05-02

I would like the ability to set / change the time between photos in a slideshow.
(as well as the ability to stop the slideshow looping, as mentioned above).

All these parameters could be part of the UI or just within the Admin. configuration.

Tadjio

#5 2013-02-16 09:21:21

dirk
Translation Team
2013-01-18

Hi Flop,

I like the mobile theme a lot, but missing the option to navigate using tags, so I would like to see the tags also in the mobile theme to be able to navigate quickly to some pictures.

#6 2013-02-16 13:51:39

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

One big problem with SmartPocket is that it doesn't handle correctly URLs on picture.php. If someone sends http://piwigo.org/demo/picture.php?/30/category/Europe it won't be good if clicked on a mobile device.

#7 2013-02-19 14:57:57

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

plg wrote:

One big problem with SmartPocket is that it doesn't handle correctly URLs on picture.php. If someone sends http://piwigo.org/demo/picture.php?/30/category/Europe it won't be good if clicked on a mobile device.

Did you read my first post?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#8 2013-02-19 15:03:06

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Thx all

Tadjio wrote:

I would like the ability to set / change the time between photos in a slideshow.
(as well as the ability to stop the slideshow looping, as mentioned above).

All these parameters could be part of the UI or just within the Admin. configuration.

related to

Tadjio wrote:

I would like a way to prevent (or make optional) the situation where viewing photos loops around continuously.
In other words I would like it to stop at the last photo in each album.

So i added the creation of a config page for the theme

Tadjio wrote:

I would like the Tools History Statistics to include viewing of each individual photo (as it does for other themes).

solved by using the picture.php page as default display page: precisions added in the first post

dirk wrote:

I like the mobile theme a lot, but missing the option to navigate using tags, so I would like to see the tags also in the mobile theme to be able to navigate quickly to some pictures.

should be a Tag link in the menu: precisions added in the first post

#9 2013-02-19 15:09:35

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

flop25 wrote:

plg wrote:

Did you read my first post?

Yes, I was just explaining why it is a problem currently.

#10 2013-02-19 15:11:59

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

plg wrote:

Seems we both experienced the same problem with twitter links clicked on mobile, did we? ;)

#11 2013-02-19 15:16:35

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

flop25 wrote:

plg wrote:

Seems we both experienced the same problem with twitter links clicked on mobile, did we? ;)

Actually no, the problem has been reported to me by several users.

The other problem reported several times is that history does not log browsing on photo individually, only on albums.

#12 2013-02-22 22:03:24

mcl
2012-11-22

Thanks for the theme and areas where I think the theme could be enhanced, I list below.

Buttons for Albums or Tags or QuickSearch on the navigation bar.

The title is only displayed if the image is tapped to bring up the navigation bar, which means no one is going to see the title, with normal usage, perhaps this could be always displayed above the photo.

Description could be a setting options on the device, where description would overlay the bottom of the picture for a fixed time period or something similar.

The album display could utilise the display area, by being in columns, where the optimum number of columns is determined by the width of the device being used and its orientation.

Just my thoughts

mcl

#13 2013-02-23 10:42:57

mcl
2012-11-22

I forgot to mention YouTube videos in albums do not play in the current version.

#14 2013-06-02 10:41:41

photo_friend
Berlin
1970-01-01

On think would be also important improvement for the mobile theme:
It should be possible to use different image qualities / sizes (manual or automatically). If I use piwigo mobile on the iphone with 3G the images should be smaller and with a higher jpg compression (lower quality). But if I watch the photos at home on my iPad and WiFi, the quality should be the best with the highst resolution.

I have no idea if this is possible, but this would be really helpful.

Best greetings
Hagen

#15 2013-06-14 22:06:47

anthony43
http://blog.dahanne.net
2010-08-24

* video support (m4v and webm); ideally jplayer would be embedded since it works great with mobile browsers

though I'm pretty pessimistic about this , since photoslide does not seem to support videos...

•  » Requests
  •  » Smarpocket (mobile theme) improvements

Board footer