Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] RV Maps & Earth: how to use? (dumb question, I know)

#1 2011-08-24 23:06:43

quixote
2008-05-10

[resolved] RV Maps & Earth: how to use? (dumb question, I know)

Sorry about this, but I seem to need a step-by-step.  I installed the plugin.  So far, so good.  But now I can't see what to do.

1) I know I need a Goog API key.  But once I get it, where do I put it?  I don't see any "Settings" or "Preferences" for the plugin.

2) Once the API key is in the right place, will the little map icon appear?  Or is there something more I would need to do?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

#2 2011-08-25 12:48:49

rvelices
Former Piwigo Team
2005-12-29

Re: [resolved] RV Maps & Earth: how to use? (dumb question, I know)

quixote wrote:

Sorry about this, but I seem to need a step-by-step.  I installed the plugin.  So far, so good.  But now I can't see what to do.

1) I know I need a Goog API key.  But once I get it, where do I put it?  I don't see any "Settings" or "Preferences" for the plugin.

Admin Plugins menu you should see a Maps & earth link

quixote wrote:

2) Once the API key is in the right place, will the little map icon appear?  Or is there something more I would need to do?

From the same menu either synhronize metadata (if you have gps coordinates in your exif) our manually input latitude/longitude. Once you have coordinates for a photo, you should see it in the map icon

#3 2011-08-25 19:43:01

quixote
2008-05-10

Right you are.  Apparently, I didn't have the plugin activated! :very embarrassed:  I was sure I had, but when I checked back after your comment, it wasn't active.

#4 2013-03-06 18:49:07

Jeroen

How do I get the right link on the left side in the menu bar, there is a link worldmap... but it doesnt work...

it is referring to http://www.fliepeldepiep.nl/map.php?/categories

does anyone know how to fix that? or should i rewrite it somehow? i tried to find the map... but i dont know where....

#5 2013-03-07 01:00:40

ck2013
2013-02-24

I have the Plugin installed and activated, it totally works, but nowhere did I set my API key as the OP mentioned there is no place to set it..

Got me..

:)

-CK

#6 2013-03-07 16:03:53

Jeroen

ck2013 wrote:

I have the Plugin installed and activated, it totally works, but nowhere did I set my API key as the OP mentioned there is no place to set it..

Got me..

:)

-CK

So how do I get this application to work?

#7 2013-03-07 16:43:36

pewe
2012-03-16

Jereon

I suggest you start a new topic for your problem/questions - this is now marked as resolved by the OP.

When you post, give a link to a photo in your gallery that has some location (gps) data in the photo, explain what you have done so far, and what you expect to see but don't.

•  » Extensions
  •  » [resolved] RV Maps & Earth: how to use? (dumb question, I know)

Board footer