Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Lightbox: Only activated on Individual Photo View, not thumbnail view?

#1 2013-03-28 05:17:01

Chas

Lightbox: Only activated on Individual Photo View, not thumbnail view?

Hello,
I'd like to use the Lightbox plugin, but i want to use it only as a "show full size" option from within the photo detail page. The way the plugin works now, there seems to be no way to view the image details, and therefore no way to rate and comment on photos.

Here is what i want:
1. From normal thumbnail view, click an image. No lightbox. Instead, it goes to the normal photo page.
2. Now you're on the page where you can rate/comment the photo. If you click the photo, NOW you get the lightbox, which shows the full size image (original, HD, whatever you want to call it).

I don't really need the current feature where you click the side of the photo to show the previous photo, or click the top of the photo to go up one level. In fact, I still get tricked by this, and click on a photo expecting to see full-size, and instead get taken to a different page! And i RUN the site! Imagine how an end-user will feel? It makes more sense to see a full-size image when you click the "medium" one.

#2 2013-03-28 10:49:44

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Lightbox: Only activated on Individual Photo View, not thumbnail view?

#3 2013-03-28 16:51:26

Chas
2013-03-28

On the plugins page, i see that 2.5 is not listed as a supported version. In addition, that plugin is not listed in the plugins page in my admin panel.

Does it actually work with 2.5?

P.S. I made an account

Last edited by Chas (2013-03-28 16:53:07)

#4 2013-03-28 17:00:22

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

actually I don't know, give it a try

#5 2013-03-28 18:55:57

Chas
2013-03-28

Alright, i ignored the incompatibility warnings and installed the plugin.

It appears to work. The problem is there are still other links on the image. If you click the top of the image, instead of a lightbox, you get sent back to the thumbnails. If you click the left or right side of the image, you get the previous/next image.

I don't want my users to get something other than the lightbox just because they accidentally clicked one pixel too high on the image. Can i disable these other links?

#6 2013-03-29 07:03:44

Chas
2013-03-28

^And besides this, activating the plugin removes the stars on my ratings. Instead it shows the numbers 0 to 5. When i disable the plugin, the stars return.

On top of that, the photo pages are now wider than my browser window, so there is a horizontal scroll bar on the photo pages (but not on the thumbnail pages). Disabling the plugin didn't remove the scroll bar, so i'm not sure how to remove it.

I disabled and deleted the plugin.

#7 2013-04-17 11:10:25

Adales

Chas wrote:

Here is what i want:
1. From normal thumbnail view, click an image. No lightbox. Instead, it goes to the normal photo page.
2. Now you're on the page where you can rate/comment the photo. If you click the photo, NOW you get the lightbox, which shows the full size image (original, HD, whatever you want to call it).

J'ai essayé le plugin FancyBox, mais en réalité, ce que je souhaite, c'est le plugin LightBox mais, comme le dit Chas, qui s'active sur la page de la photo ...
Le plugin FancyBox s'active sur la page de la photo, mais ne permet pas de faire défiler les images.

•  » Extensions
  •  » Lightbox: Only activated on Individual Photo View, not thumbnail view?

Board footer