Announcement

#1 2013-04-10 04:32:44

wrightcam
2013-02-26

Still trying to upload via my samsung s3

Hello!

Well I'm still trying to upload my photos from my phone.

I like to travel light, and take pictures.  With my S3 I can get an OTG cable thus giving me access to the memory on my camera. 

Now is there a way to ftp to piwigo on my phone to just get the files and add the thumbnails afterwards?  I have checked many places, and forum search for the ftp address and I don't know what it is?  I've tried Ploader with little success, and ReGalAndroid which opens up a gallery only selecting one picture at a time.  I would like to upload let say 100 pictures to upload.  Make it efficient so that I don't have to hope and pray my pictures stay safe on a memory card along the way. 

Thanks in advance!  Great software btw!

#2 2013-04-10 09:37:35

maeztro
Translation Team
2011-03-27

Re: Still trying to upload via my samsung s3

Would also be interested in a solution to this, using a Note 2.

#3 2013-04-10 10:06:34

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Hello
what's the problem there? The official application doesn't work?
You're talking about FTP: that's a protocol a way to access to the server (google it). You need special soft to open a ftp connexion whatever the OS and the support

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2013-04-10 12:36:53

wrightcam123

Hello,

Yeah Ploader doesn't work with android, and ReGalAndroid doesn't work with multiple files.

Ideally I would like the ftp address so I can upload many pictures efficiently with a listing of the .jpg files from the camera.  (Camera to USB output to OTG cable to S3 phone to ftp to piwigo)

If there is an FTP address I can probably access it that way.  Seems with a search of the forums many people FTP piwigo but I just don't know the address.  I can use FTP programs on my phone, but I still need the FTP address and I assume my name and password for piwigo.  Then I'll run an extention to get the thumbnails.

Thanks in advance!  If I can get this to work, I don't have to travel with a bulky laptop but just with a -//:---\spam.

#5 2013-04-10 12:40:00

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

wrightcam123 wrote:

Yeah Ploader doesn't work with android, and ReGalAndroid doesn't work with multiple files

and https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … &hl=fr ??

wrightcam123 wrote:

Ideally I would like the ftp address

What's you hoster?

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#6 2013-04-11 04:31:32

wrightcam123

Hello

Okay I'm opening the piwigo android software.  It asks what software to upload my pictures from.  I'm trying to upload let say 50 pictures, and it seems only to work with 1.  Is there a way to select more then one?  If I could select let say 100 that would be ideal.

Also for the FTP I'm using 'File Expert' for android.  I've never used the FTP before on my android.  Ideally I would like to do this over wifi. 

I've used FTP software before CuteFTP and filezilla for linux before, but never on my android phone.

Thanks!

#7 2013-04-11 09:55:02

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Okay I see what's going on there
-on the piwigo app you can upload multiple photos but can't select multiple at once
-on regalandroid, that's the same. BUT you can select multiple photos with your explorer app, then share them using Regalandroid : there you have selected multiple phots at once and can upload them directly after

About FTP, all depends on the app you use and how it manages the upload (like regalandroid and piwigo app)

#8 2013-04-12 14:21:25

wrightcam123

Hello,

Yeah no matter if it's the piwigo app, or regalandroid I can't upload more then one at once.  Which would make 50 photos very boring and frustrating.

For the FTP it should work okay, I still need a ftp address of my piwigo account.

Thanks for replying until we get a good answer!

Okay I see what's going on there
-on the piwigo app you can upload multiple photos but can't select multiple at once
-on regalandroid, that's the same. BUT you can select multiple photos with your explorer app, then share them using Regalandroid : there you have selected multiple phots at once and can upload them directly after

About FTP, all depends on the app you use and how it manages the upload (like regalandroid and piwigo app)

#9 2013-04-12 14:44:03

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

flop25 wrote:

you can select multiple photos with your explorer app, then share them using Regalandroid : there you have selected multiple phots at once and can upload them directly after

I successfully tested

For the ftp ask to your hoster!

#10 2013-04-13 06:19:04

wrightcam123

Hello again,

I still cannot upload multiple pictures using regalandroid.  If I select pictures it immediately takes me to gallery to select the photos.  This doesn't allow me to select more then one. Can you show me how to select more then one?

If you have tested this and it is successful please tell me the steps to get this to work using a Samsung S3.  This may work with other phones, but with my samsung s3 I simply cannot get it to work. 

I'm really lost on how you were able to get this to work.  I'm pretty computer savvy and have paid for Piwigo as except for this it does exactly what I need it to do.

I apologize for being persistant but I just simply dont' know how you are doing this.  If there is a how-to guide or documentation I'm missing please include a link and I'll go from there.

Thanks!

#11 2013-04-13 15:11:38

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

I will come back on this the next week

"have paid for Piwigo" No you paid for an hosting service called Piwigo.com which use the free software Piwigo supported by a community on piwigo.org of volunteers ;-)

#12 2013-04-16 20:48:17

rmistero
2013-04-16

I have tried and succeed on a Samsung S2 / 4.1

To mass upload from Android 4.1, do as follow :

- Install RegalAndroid
- Set it up and make sure you can upload pictures.

IMPORTANT: if your Piwigo server is using HTTPS, make sure that your phone has the correct CA certificates. It is likely that your phone doesn't have them if the default Android Browser returns a warning when accessing the website.

To add certificates, place the missing CA certificates or self signed certs on the phone drive and go to  Settings > Security > Credential storage > Install from storage.

- Once the app is working and you are able to upload pictures, leave the app and go to the Android photo gallery.
- Select a picture but keep pressing on it until little boxes appear on each picture. You can now select as many picts as needed.
- in Bottom menu, press More and then "Share Via".
- Scroll down the list and select RegalAndroid ( Upload photo(s) with RegalAndroid ).
- Et voila ! :)

#13 2013-04-17 01:11:50

rmistero
2013-04-16

Sorry I meant android 4.04

Board footer