Announcement

#1 2013-05-07 10:12:23

VolodiaS

How to get rid of the Warning: strftime():

Hello,
I have installed the latest version of Piwigo. If I login as an administrator I see the next warning in many different places. Pleas, advice me how to fix it?

Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /home/golsegenen/public_html/piwigo/include/smarty/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 400

#2 2013-05-07 11:03:06

nicolas
Former Piwigo Team
2004-12-30

Re: How to get rid of the Warning: strftime():

VolodiaS wrote:

Hello,
I have installed the latest version of Piwigo. If I login as an administrator I see the next warning in many different places. Pleas, advice me how to fix it?

Warning: strftime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Berlin' for 'CEST/2.0/DST' instead in /home/golsegenen/public_html/piwigo/include/smarty/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 400

If you are administrator on your server, you can change the php.ini files to add the correct timezone.

If not, you can add such a line in local/config/config.inc.php :

Code:

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Berlin');

Hope it helps.

#3 2013-05-07 11:05:23

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

topic already solved many times in the forum: the next time a search will give you quickly the answer

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#4 2013-05-07 17:26:46

VolodiaS

Thank you very much!

I read on the forum how to fix the problem and it's gone.

I did it with the help of LocalFiles Editor.

#5 2015-05-01 04:38:10

Spaldam

Geeze, a google search, and two links latter and I still don't have the real solution... :P

#6 2015-05-01 04:41:53

Spaldam

(host):user:~/piwig> find . -name config.inc.php
./plugins/TakeATour/tours/first_contact/config.inc.php
./plugins/TakeATour/tours/2_7_0/config.inc.php
./plugins/TakeATour/tours/privacy/config.inc.php

None of these have date_default_timezone_set() in it.  which one to I add it to?

#7 2015-05-01 04:46:46

Spaldam

#8 2015-05-01 04:49:38

Spaldam

Board footer