Announcement

#1 2013-06-25 23:19:38

Orchid5683
2013-06-22

Special folder for a new font file?

Hi, and thank you for any assistance you are able to give.

I have read every "font" related post I could find on this forum multiple times, searched through the user docs multiple times, watched the video by Flop, tried the copy/paste suggestion from ddt, am using FireBug and even tried changing the name of the font file from "Bank Gothic Light" to "Bank-Gothic-Light" wondering if the spaces affected things due to not using " marks in the font-name part of the CSS but I could never get my "live-edit" to change on the fly like in Flop's video.

I tried placing the .ttf file in the root folder of the site, in the root Piwigo folder, in the Themes folder, and 2-3 other folders. I tried making the "live-edit" changes to various parts of the Sylvia theme (Block headings, links, maybe others I don't know how to properly name).   8-|

I can not find anywhere on the web or Piwigo forums that simply says what fonts you can and can't use, and if you want to use something special, where to put the file. What am I missing?

Again, thank you in advance for any help!  :-)

For simplicity:
Theme = Sylvia
Font Being Attempted = Bank Gothic Light.ttf

#2 2013-06-25 23:23:13

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Special folder for a new font file?

In order to use an "exotic" font you need to declare it in css (with LocalFilesEditor)

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr … e_rule.asp

#3 2013-06-25 23:40:06

Orchid5683
2013-06-22

Re: Special folder for a new font file?

Mindblowingly fast response!  Impressive, thank you!

Stink! I knew I was forgetting to say something! I made the copy/paste change by way of the "Local Files Editor".

I knew I needed to point to the file somewhere, but couldn't figure out how to look for the info on how to point to the file location. I am pretty sure that will get me in the right spot.

Thank you so much!

Board footer