Announcement

#1 2013-07-22 17:11:13

mri
2013-07-22

Tags (Keywords) in two languages separately?

Hallo,

I am a new Piwigo user and want to thank you for a great job!

Piwigo can be set up as an multi-language application. But the language selection is effective only for menus etc.

Is there any possibility to prepare and keep the captions, descriptions, tags (keywords) etc in two languages separately? One set of them would be displayed if my native language is chosen and the other set (English) for all other languages chosen?
Right now the tag cloud will be twice as long and the keywords in both languages are displayed for all users in mixed order. It can be disturbing especially for people who don't speak my native language.

Best regards,
mri

#2 2013-07-22 17:13:10

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: Tags (Keywords) in two languages separately?

Hi
take a look at Extended Description

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2013-07-22 19:43:06

mri
2013-07-22

Thank you!
It even works for keywords.

However, it seems my native language Estonian, [lang=ee] is not yet supported?

Instead of Estonian, i tried to use  [lang=default] for Estonian language , but in this case my non-english friends (e.g Deutsch), will see the keywords and descriptions in Estonian instead of English.

Any suggestions other than remove all other language (Menu) choices but English and Estonian? To describe all keywords etc in three or four languages is also a bit complicated.

#4 2013-07-22 19:53:04

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

just did you try with [lang=et] ?

ED uses the first part of the language code, corresponding to the language (ISO-639) and not the country (ISO-3166)

#5 2013-07-22 20:16:11

mri
2013-07-22

Thank you,  [lang=et] works.

Only to mention: The Admin Languages setup page, admin.php?page=languages shows language codes in form: Estonian [EE]

#6 2013-07-22 20:18:50

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

yes, it shows Language [Country]

this way there is Français [FR] and Français [CA], Español [ES] and Español [AR], etc.

#7 2013-08-02 17:25:07

mri
2013-07-22

One more question.
I am trying languages: "et, en, default, all" in the next way:

[lang=et] Kuu [/lang]   
[lang=et] taevas [/lang]   
[lang=et] pilved [/lang]   
[lang=et] öö [/lang]   
[lang=en] clouds [/lang]   
[lang=all] Jupiter [/lang]   
[lang=default] Moon [/lang]   
[lang=default] night [/lang]   
[lang=default] sky [/lang]

As a result, I see "Related tags:" for different languages (regardless of the choice of default language):

EN: clouds Jupiter Moon night sky - - - it is OK;
DE: Jupiter Moon night sky - - -  "Clouds" is missing because [lang=en] clouds [/lang]; it should be [lang=default];
but all with [lang=default] is appearing also in ET:
ET: Jupiter Kuu Moon night öö pilved sky taevas - - - "Moon, night, sky" are not wanted for ET, but they appear because of [lang=default].

Is there a way to get for DE (and other languages offered as user environment) the same tags as for EN and at the same time to get for ET tags with [lang=et] and [lang=all] only?
Now it seems to me [lang=default] works in the same way as [lang=all]?

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

#8 2013-08-07 22:46:11

mri
2013-07-22

Hi,

sorry, but still trying to understand how it works. In Extended Description's Contributors guide, http://piwigo.org/ext/help_user.php, it says:
There are also 2 special tags: [lang=default] and [lang=all]. /.../. If the content is unavailable in the language chosen by the visitor, the PEM default language, i.e. english, will be used instead.

In my case (Example posted 2013-08-02 18:25:07), the default language in Admin page is set to English.
The content (Tags) is described in two languages, Estonian and English, and also the special tag, [lang=default] is used.

If a language with content unavailable (e.g Deutsch) is chosen by the visitor, tags with [lang=default] are shown. So it works as promised.
If  English  is chosen by the visitor, tags with  [lang=en] and [lang=default] are shown.  Because of English is the default language?
If  Estonian is chosen by the visitor, tags with [lang=et] and [lang=default] are shown.  Why is [lang=default] shown for Estonian? It is 1) not a default language, and 2) the content (tags) in Estonian is available.

Also, if [lang=default] is shown for ALL languages chosen by the visitor, then what is the difference between [lang=default] and [lang=all]?

Is it possible, that it has something to do with missing Estonian language in Extended Description's Available languages?

Thanks in advance!

#9 2013-08-07 22:51:03

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

just a remark: http://piwigo.org/ext/help_user.php is for the PEM (piwigo extension manager) not Piwigo itself and the Extended description plugin

maybe you found a bug

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Board footer