#1 2010-09-03 10:39:26

irohaproject
Translation Team
Oita, Japon
1970-01-01

[resolved] Database Error #145 piwigo_sessions crashed and needs repair

Hello

I tried logging into my photogallery today and received this:

#145 - Table './irohaphoto/piwigo_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

So I went over to my servers MySQL admin and found the table piwigo_sessions but no option to repair.
Knowing little about MySQL, How would I go about repairing this database session?

Any help would be appreciated if I can't solve it I will end up backing up the photos and deleting the entire system and starting again - a lot of work but I don't know much about repairing databases.

Thanks in advance

Looking for a job in software/hardware localization, video production
Check out my resume @ http://www.sanamionline.net/cv
www.Liangcha.org www.ProjectH2O.org www.IrohaProject.org

#2 2010-09-03 10:42:13

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: [resolved] Database Error #145 piwigo_sessions crashed and needs repair

Hi irohaproject,

In your MySQL administration console, enter the following query:

Code:

repair table piwigo_sessions;

#3 2010-09-03 11:47:48

irohaproject
Translation Team
Oita, Japon
1970-01-01

Nice and easy,
thanks

Looking for a job in software/hardware localization, video production
Check out my resume @ http://www.sanamionline.net/cv
www.Liangcha.org www.ProjectH2O.org www.IrohaProject.org

#4 2013-11-05 23:27:47

Eric B
2003-10-02

Hello,
I recently had twice this error, using piwigo 2.5.2 on my gallery:  http://photo.eric-creation.com/
I could fix it using repair table in phpmyadmin, but I would like to understand why it occurred. I fixed it once, got the error again, and fixed a second time in phymyadmin. In the meanwhile, my gallery was not available ;(

I just upgraded to 2.5.3 but did not see anything related in the changelog.

Below the full error log. The table "images" also crashed.

I wonder if it is related to my wordpress blog (v3.6.1), which refers my gallery via the piwigo plugin: travels.eric-creation.com

Any idea?

Warning:  [mysql error 145] Table './ericcrea_piwigo/phpwebgallery_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

SELECT data
  FROM phpwebgallery_sessions
  WHERE id = '324E03a58db8edde7f24dd40ac982d5daa4c'
; in /home/ericcrea/public_html/photo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 834

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ericcrea/public_html/photo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php:833) in /home/ericcrea/public_html/photo/include/common.inc.php on line 136

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/ericcrea/public_html/photo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php:833) in /home/ericcrea/public_html/photo/include/common.inc.php on line 136

Warning:  [mysql error 145] Table './ericcrea_piwigo/phpwebgallery_images' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

SELECT DISTINCT(i.id)
  FROM phpwebgallery_images AS i
    INNER JOIN phpwebgallery_image_category AS ic ON i.id = ic.image_id
    INNER JOIN phpwebgallery_categories AS c ON ic.category_id = c.id
  WHERE i.rating_score IS NOT NULL
      AND (ic.category_id NOT IN (239,247,249,251,253,303,284,340) AND i.level<=0)
  ORDER BY i.rating_score DESC, i.id DESC
  LIMIT 0, 10
; in /home/ericcrea/public_html/photo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 834

Fatal error: Call to a member function fetch_assoc() on a non-object in /home/ericcrea/public_html/photo/include/dblayer/functions_mysqli.inc.php on line 181

Warning:  [mysql error 145] Table './ericcrea_piwigo/phpwebgallery_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

REPLACE INTO phpwebgallery_sessions
  (id,data,expiration)
  VALUES('324E03a58db8edde7f24dd40ac982d5daa4c','pwg_device|s:7:\"desktop\";pwg_mobile_theme|b:0;',now())

#5 2013-11-06 00:16:08

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

these errors are related to mysql itself, usually due to instability of Mysql, php-mysql, apache ... many reasons

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#6 2013-11-06 02:35:28

Eric B
2003-10-02

?!
Any thing I can do to limit the risk of the error to occur again?

#7 2013-11-06 14:50:06

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

If you're not the server admin, contact your hoster. If you are, update, or check logs

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described

#8 2013-11-10 16:04:28

novw
2013-01-06

sigh. it's the dumb one from the Netherlands again. You can not imagine how frustrating this is.

Anyway. Me too.  Table './kerstdorp_piwigo/piwigo_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired". When I try to login to the admin of piwigo I get a warning:

Cookies worden geblokkeerd of worden niet ondersteund door uw browser. Indien u zich wilt aanmelden dient u er voor te zorgen dat het gebruik van cookies mogelijk is.

(nice huh? translating errors... this one reads cookies are being blocked by your browser)

-----
now what? I go into the sql whatever on my homepage (phpmyadmin). I again see the error on top. I can't click it, and there is no link to a "administration console".  I have a button "handelingen" (don;t you HATE translations??!! @^*&^$%#$$*!) when I click it I can create/rename/copy/collatie something or another.

What to do ? Where to look? Why is this so complicated and why am I too dumb to get this software running? Never mind the last question. Somebody please point me to this administration concole"??

#9 2013-11-10 16:09:40

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

as mentionned many times here and around the web, you need to go to your Mysql manager like phpmyadminn and repair the table indicated

Since it's the session table which has crashed, Piwigo has obvious troubles to get the user sessions

I don't understand your problem with translations: if that's not accurate you can contribute by translating/correcting

#10 2013-11-10 16:31:52

novw
2013-01-06

We, as most people on the internet, are speaking English to each other. Now all of the sudden I receive an error. In Dutch. I now need to translate the error to English. 50% change I make a translation error and you don;t know what I am talking about. So the problem lies in the fact errors and other difficult problems should never be localized... But thats offtopic ;)

In directadmin of my website I discovered PhpMyadmin. I click it and see abacadabra on my screen. I started clicking around to see what would happen. I hope before I do something destructive the phpmyadmin will warn me... Indeed it did. The "administration console is hiding behind a tab/menu that is called only "SQL". NJo administration. When I click it, I see a textbox with "Voer SQL-query/queries uit op de server "localhost":" on top (see, again the localization makes it IMPOSSBLE for us to communicate. It reads "enter SQL-query/queries on the server "localhost"). I copy/pasted the repair in there, and hey... the sql table whatever is repaired.

Pioowee..

On to the next problem. Again, thank you for your patience.

#11 2013-11-10 16:35:39

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

on phpmyadmin, you could have just Check the table and click Repair at the bottom or something like that

About translations, change the language to english for your Piwigo user and your phpmyadmin, to avoid such problem in case of debug

Glad that's finished
As I said, it's unfortunate but such crashes are due to the server, mainly on shared server

Board footer