Announcement

#1 2009-07-13 12:54:43

ppat

charlies content - quick reference guide

piwigo is the best tool by far. great job team...!!!!

After searching and struggling for more then 2 hours on how to get charlies content working , I put up a brief quick guide. Mods please modify if necessary

- create a video category folder under gallery (root of your installation on web server. Reference : admin panel --> links --> instructions --> add photos , the ftp way)
- create a thumbnail folder under the newly created video directory
- upload / move video under new video category (Example yourfilename.flv)
- manually create a thumbnail with size (example 120 X 90)
- rename thumbnail as TN-yourfilename.jpg or png (no spaces in the file name and must match video file name)
- upload / move thumbnail to thumbnail directory (inside the new directory)
- navigate to admin panel --> Categories --> synchronize
    - simulate the synchronize.
    - after successful simulation , uncheck the checkbox "Only perform a simulation"
    - perform simulation.
- navigate to specials --> plugins --> charlies content. (if you have not installed , install and activate it from plugins section)
- make sure to have flv checkbox checked under charlie_flvstream.tpl
- under player option forced video width and height to 640 X 360 (my personal choice. You can pick whatever you feel like :)

Please Note : I found lightbox plugin generating warning's with Charlies content. if you are receiving php warning's , please disable lightbox plugin

Here are some threads for additional reading
* [Forum, topic 15153] Thumb nail picture for video category
* [Forum, topic 15093] Charlies Video content not playing
* [Forum, topic 15006] Charlies content how to use?

#2 2009-07-13 14:19:58

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

Re: charlies content - quick reference guide

ppat wrote:

- create a video category folder under gallery (root of your installation on web server. Reference : admin panel --> links --> instructions --> add photos , the ftp way)

under galleries (not gallery)

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#3 2009-07-13 14:23:00

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

ppat wrote:

piwigo is the best tool by far. great job team...!!!!

Thank you ppat, spread the word :-D

I've updated your topic:

1. changed the tag to plugin:Charlie's content (I also merged all "*charlies*" tags to this new tag)
2. used the specific syntax "topic : 12345" (without spaces) to display a smart and detailed linked

#4 2009-07-13 14:25:02

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

ppat wrote:

- navigate to admin panel --> Categories --> synchronize
    - simulate the synchronize.
    - after successful simulation , uncheck the checkbox "Only perform a simulation"
    - perform simulation.
- navigate to specials --> plugins --> charlies content. (if you have not installed , install and activate it from plugins section)

Install and activate the plugin before any synchro.

Piwigo.com: Start and run your own photo gallery. Signup and get 30 days to try for free, no commitment.
8-)

#5 2009-07-13 14:29:38

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

ppat wrote:

- make sure to have flv checkbox checked under charlie_flvstream.tpl

This is a default option anyway. ;-)

8-)

#6 2009-07-13 14:32:16

VDigital
Former Piwigo Team
Paris (FR)
2005-05-04

ppat wrote:

Please Note : I found lightbox plugin generating warning's with Charlies content. if you are receiving php warning's , please disable lightbox plugin

That's the first time for this feedback.
We (P@t and I) will solve this issue asap.
Thanks a lot.

8-)

#7 2009-10-26 10:27:25

quaking
1970-01-01

good job, thanks~

#8 2010-04-04 22:51:05

gladius
2009-04-29

VDigital wrote:

ppat wrote:

That's the first time for this feedback.
We (P@t and I) will solve this issue asap.
Thanks a lot.

The Lightbox plugin still gives a couple php errors when installed with Charlie's Content.

#9 2013-12-25 10:44:37

jdd
Toulouse (France)
2009-12-19

Hello, charlies users :-)

for new piwigos, the thumnail repo must be "pwg_representative" and TN- is no more necessary and have to be removed if existent

jdd

#10 2014-01-04 03:01:10

the-outdoorsman
2009-05-17

Hey guys, having a go at getting a FLV video to play. I have everything set up and my youtube videos all play fine. When I upload my own video and do as shown above the video is there but I get this error when I click on it.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class getID3 in /home7/theoutdo/public_html/waterfowl/plugins/piwigo-jplayer/include/getid3/getid3.php on line 67

So is deactivated jplayer and then it just loads what looks like a video but only the audio will play. No video shows.  Also I noticed that any changes I make to charlies' content does not save. I am running the latest Piwigo and the Stripped default theme.

Not sure what else to try. Hope someone can help me out.
Thanks
KC

#11 2014-01-04 09:08:44

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

the-outdoorsman wrote:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class getID3 in /home7/theoutdo/public_html/waterfowl/plugins/piwigo-jplayer/include/getid3/getid3.php on line 67

This problème is on other plugin

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#12 2014-01-04 16:58:44

the-outdoorsman
2009-05-17

I am using IE version 11 for my browser. I just tried google chrome and the video will play but I am still unable to change any settings in charlies' content. Such as default video size or forced video size. I change the settings I want and hit the save button and then if I refresh the browser the setting are still the old ones. Also under player option I am stuck in general option. If I click on say buffering it does nothing.

#13 2015-02-11 03:10:37

ra

Disable all incompatible plugins and video will work

Board footer