Announcement

  •  » Engine
  •  » Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

#1 2010-12-12 01:10:41

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13277

Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

Hi,

For Piwigo 2.2, I had planned to replace the Piwigo 2.1 user upload form (pure HTML form) with the admin upload form (multiple photos, with Flash/jQuery or pure HTML). I took a piece of paper and prepared what could be the new user upload.

I currently think the best way to go is to completely remove the user upload feature from Piwigo core and move it to the Community plugin, without losing current features.

1) remove the upload.php
2) keep the list of uploadable albums in the database
3) (not sure) keep the current data model for pending user uploaded photos

When activated, the plugin Community will propose the upload form on gallery side. With the Community plugin, I would like to create some "community permissions", which defines : who and where?

* who : any visitor, any connected user, a given user, a given group
* where : on the whole gallery, in a given album and sub-albums, with the ability to create sub-albums

For the first version, I want to have the same features as current user upload : any connected user in a list of "uploadable" categories.

Offline

 

#2 2010-12-13 09:31:26

rvelices
Piwigo Team
2005-12-29
1960

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

will it be still possible to upload to physical albums ? If yes - perfect ...

Offline

 

#3 2010-12-13 09:47:15

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13277

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

rvelices wrote:

will it be still possible to upload to physical albums ? If yes - perfect ...

To tell the perfect truth, I had planned to only use the current admin form, so there is no upload in directories corresponding to physical albums. Maybe it would be smart to add the condition "if destination album is a physical album, then upload in the corresponding directory (if the directory is writeable)".

(I'm only talking about user upload, the FTP+synchronization process won't be modified for Piwigo 2.2)

Offline

 

#4 2011-01-03 23:32:02

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13277

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

Current state of brainstorming:

* unless the user is not "moderated" (like in current Community plugin), a user uploaded photo can be either : user_pending, moderation_pending, added.

  - user_pending = the user has uploaded it but has not submitted it yet to moderation, because he wants to add a title, tags or description.

  - moderation_pending = the user has submitted his photos. The administrator can validate or reject the photos.

  - added

* the user photos are uploaded just like admin photos, only the privacy level is set to 16. It looks a bit like a hack but it makes the whole upload/moderate process much simpler this way. We remove the current "piwigo_waiting" table and replace it with a piwigo_community_pending {image_id, state, added_on} where state can be {user_pending, moderation_pending, added}.

* I have to add in core the piwigo_images.added_by column (foreign key to piwigo_users.id), which is useful, with or without the Community plugin.

* when an administrator validates a photo, the Community plugin performs an "update piwigo_images set date_available = now(), level = 0 where id = 1234" (TODO : more brainstorm on the privacy level for this update)

* in a step 1, the user upload form doesn't show the "select an album" and "Who can see?" fieldsets. Only the upload fields. To upload in "Home > Asia > Thailand", the user will have to browse the given album and click on the upload link.

*  to make the user_pending state relevant, as soon as step 1, we need a  user screen equivalent to the Batch Manager unit mode with only photos added by himself (piwigo_images.added_by = $user['id'] + piwigo_community_pending.state = user_pending). This is not the easiest part, maybe we will have a step 0 before which directly set the state to moderation_pending.

Offline

 

#5 2011-01-04 09:58:16

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13277

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

and another column in the piwigo_community_pending table : validated_by (foreign key to users.id)

Offline

 

#6 2011-01-04 12:45:51

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06
6965

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

plg wrote:

*  to make the user_pending state relevant, as soon as step 1, we need a  user screen equivalent to the Batch Manager unit mode with only photos added by himself (piwigo_images.added_by = $user['id'] + piwigo_community_pending.state = user_pending). This is not the easiest part, maybe we will have a step 0 before which directly set the state to moderation_pending.

I don't understand why piwigo_images.added_by = $user['id'] + (piwigo_community_pending.state = user_pending) and not just piwigo_images.added_by = $user['id'], and then three tabs corresponding to the 3 states of the pending process, or just a label under the thumbnails with a link to edit the info if the pic is user_pending... with also a form at the bottom of the page to batch the management of pics.

plg wrote:

* in a step 1, the user upload form doesn't show the "select an album" and "Who can see?" fieldsets. Only the upload fields. To upload in "Home > Asia > Thailand", the user will have to browse the given album and click on the upload link.

why ? it's not the easiest way for the user
Maybe this, and an other user upload form on the user page, with the "select an album" fieldsets

Also, in the community plugin (I don't know it) is there a way to send messages ? because if the pics are not approved -and is approved too-, it could be great to send a notification with a custom text to the uploader. Maybe this kind of features should be study not now but for the next release.


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

 

#7 2011-01-04 13:01:58

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13277

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

flop25 wrote:

I don't understand why piwigo_images.added_by = $user['id'] + (piwigo_community_pending.state = user_pending) and not just piwigo_images.added_by = $user['id']

Because I'm not so sure that an admin would accepts the uploader user to edit photo information once the photo is validated. But you're right that it could be useful. I think it is a good suggestion.

flop25 wrote:

plg wrote:

* in a step 1, the user upload form doesn't show the "select an album" and "Who can see?" fieldsets. Only the upload fields. To upload in "Home > Asia > Thailand", the user will have to browse the given album and click on the upload link.

why ? it's not the easiest way for the user

Currently (Piwigo 2.1) with the user upload feature, this is the way it works, this is why I plan to keep this way, in order to reduce the number of features to add in the step 1.

flop25 wrote:

Also, in the community plugin (I don't know it) is there a way to send messages ? because if the pics are not approved -and is approved too-, it could be great to send a notification with a custom text to the uploader. Maybe this kind of features should be study not now but for the next release.

Yes, very good suggestion. Something like a checkbox for the admin (checked by default) "send an email notification to the uploader user". I won't code it for step 1, but let's keep it in mind.

Offline

 

#8 2011-01-05 01:25:45

pauldaytona
Translation Team
2010-04-22
28

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

If I understand correct, you want to get the upload out of the admin side, this means no bulk upload anymore? I used that to upload 11000 pictures.

Offline

 

#9 2011-01-05 01:45:37

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06
6965

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

plg wrote:

flop25 wrote:

I don't understand why piwigo_images.added_by = $user['id'] + (piwigo_community_pending.state = user_pending) and not just piwigo_images.added_by = $user['id']

Because I'm not so sure that an admin would accepts the uploader user to edit photo information once the photo is validated. But you're right that it could be useful. I think it is a good suggestion.

Oh yes I see : you were thinking about using this user page as a way to only manage the info pic. Me I see this as 3tabs -one for each step- and only the "user_pending tab" have the links to edit the info of pics. The other tabs are a way to know what the user posted -to see the comments, the ratings etc of his pics- and maybe a way to know which pic were approved and why the others are not -maybe by using the comments as a discussion thread, it's usual in warez board or stuff like that-.


If I understand correct, you want to get the upload out of the admin side, this means no bulk upload anymore?

for me it isn't : we will just use what have been done with the admin upload form to enhance the upload form on the public side

Last edited by flop25 (2011-01-05 01:46:17)


To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

Offline

 

#10 2011-01-05 13:10:17

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13277

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

pauldaytona wrote:

If I understand correct, you want to get the upload out of the admin side, this means no bulk upload anymore? I used that to upload 11000 pictures.

I don't want to modify the admin upload form.

Offline

 

#11 2011-02-25 23:53:13

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05
13277

Offline

 

#12 2014-01-14 16:22:21

pikot
Member
2014-01-14
2

Re: Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

Hi,

First i would like to say that piwigo is amazing, easy to setup and i was able to adapt it to fit my site.

I use it with the community plugin since it serves as a community gallery where registered users can upload their astronomical images (the images are validated by moderators).

What i would like to ask is
1. Is there a possibility to have a Creation date field under Photo properties in the user upload form? Astronomical images are usually without the EXIF information so the Creation date needs to be manually set during the upload. Now the moderator needs to set the Creation date before validating the image, which is something i would like to avoid.

2. I would also like to have an additional field for author email address and location in case someone would like to contact the author for copyright purposes or to get the RAW of the image.
I know there is a addinfo plugin which can be fitted for three additional fields, but im not sure how to get these fields to the user upload form.

Thank you and keep on the good work
Best regards
Jure
---
http://www.cobs.si/gallery

Offline

 
  •  » Engine
  •  » Piwigo 2.2, user upload form and Community plugin

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

github twitter facebook google+ newsletter Donate Piwigo.org © 2002-2019 · Contact