Announcement

#1 2014-01-28 16:57:04

convolution
2014-01-28

Auto User Login using URL embedded username & password

Hello,

Using Piwigo 2.5.3 under zPanel 10.1.0 on CentOS 6.4 with Apache 2.2.15.

I am a new user to the Piwigo, and I am not very familiar with web programming (sorry).

I am trying to develop an iPhone app such as that username and password are stored in the Settings. When the user start the iPhone app, it will perform the login to the website automatically, without the user manually entering the username/password every time.

I have tried to use the following but it does not work ...

"loginURLStr = [[NSString alloc] initWithFormat:@"http://project.website.com/ws.php?format=json&method=pwg.session.login&username=%@&password=%@", userNameStr, userPasswordStr];"

I am not sure which PHP I should use and the parameters to pass in.
May I ask what kind of URL should I use?

If possible, please kindly advise. Thanks!

#2 2014-01-28 17:07:18

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Auto User Login using URL embedded username & password

Hi

why do you talk about PHP ? iPhone apps are not developped in PHP

you must know that the queries to pwg.session.login can't be done in GET (eg: parameters gave in the URL) but in POST only

see how you can perform POST queries in your app

also, in order to keep the session between your different queries you must use a network manager which allows to store and reuse cookies (CURL library does it, I don't know if it has been ported on C#)

by curiosity what are your developping ?

#3 2014-01-29 11:12:44

ctsang

Re: Auto User Login using URL embedded username & password

Thank for the feedback.

In the iOS App, we just make a call to the URL  like that extracted in the message. The PHP is executed at the web server end, not inside the app. I guess it is like a web service

Let me research how to do the Post using Objective C

Our app is very simple. It basically like a simple single sign-on for the users accessing the website

Board footer