Announcement

#1 2014-07-25 20:32:48

MtnBiker
2014-07-10

Can't delete albums or sub-albums

Hello/Hi/Greetings,

I can't figure out how to delete albums or sub-albums

http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … edit_album says I should see delete as an option. I don't. Maybe you do and can point to it.

I created this site by synchronizing the photos already on my site (a Menalto Gallery site). The only mod I've made is to is to allow spaces via

$conf['sync_chars_regex'] = '/^[a-zA-Z0-9-_. ]+$/';

but turning that off doesn't change anything.

Thanks for any help on allowing me to delete albums. I want to delete them all and start over (using Menalto2Piwigo) and also I know from time to time I'll need to delete albums.

PS. I posted via a reply this earlier on an old posting (which I will delete) and got no response, so am trying a new posting.

Piwigo 2.6.3
Operating system: Linux
PHP: 5.2.17 (Show info) [2014-07-25 14:28:17]
MySQL: 5.1.73-log [2014-07-25 14:28:17]
Graphics Library: External ImageMagick 6.6.0-4
Database
4699 photos (first photo added on Thursday 10 July 2014)
67 albums including 66 physical and 1 virtual (4699 associations)
0 tags (0 associations)
3 users
0 groups
0 comments
no rate

#2 2014-07-25 20:35:32

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Can't delete albums or sub-albums

I answered you on the other topic, don't know where it disappears

so here is again: to delete a physical album you have to delete the corresponding folder in "galleries" via FTP and do a sync
http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … management

#3 2014-07-25 20:50:16

MtnBiker
2014-07-10

Re: Can't delete albums or sub-albums

mistic100 wrote:

I answered you on the other topic, don't know where it disappears

so here is again: to delete a physical album you have to delete the corresponding folder in "galleries" via FTP and do a sync
http://piwigo.org/doc/doku.php?id=user_ … management

Thank you. I may be beginning to understand this. The problem is that the terminology isn't familiar. And I think that's a problem others face too. (To me a physical album is one I can hold in my hands, not a file structure on a distant server.)

"A physical album is represented by a directory at any level in the directory galleries. If your website is not local to your computer, you will have to use a FTP client to manage your albums directory, otherwise you can create/move/delete directories locally. Piwigo does not create directories for albums in galleries."

I think this means that I delete the albums in /galleries. And resynchronize.

I'll give it a go.

Realized after I started the delete that I still want to use the photos, so would have been better off renaming existing /galleries, create a new empty galleries, resyncing, and then changing back to the original name /galleries. I really just wanted to reset the database. In general better in this situation better to just move out the galleries one wants to reset.

Thanks

Last edited by MtnBiker (2014-07-25 22:34:42)

Board footer