Announcement

#1 2014-10-14 15:57:13

JanisV
2013-09-25

[Plugin] Menu Random Photo

Hello,

[extension by JanisV] Menu Random Photo - adds "A random photo" block into menu.

It is similar to Advanced Menu Manager Random pictures with next differences:
* enable using square images
* new rotation script (lazy loading, pause rotation when cursor above image)
* image refers to photo in album, not in set of all images. Useful for very large galleries
* not yet implement multilanguage Block title, Displayed datas and Selected pictures options

Last edited by JanisV (2014-10-14 15:59:24)

#2 2014-10-15 14:07:35

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Re: [Plugin] Menu Random Photo

Hi JanisV,

JanisV wrote:

* not yet implement multilanguage Block title

I advise you to keep things simple: either the user displays the default block title "A random photo" (which can be a language string in your plugin) or the user set a specific title, where he can use the syntax [lang=default]Little suprise![/lang][lang=fr]Petite surpise[/lang]

#3 2014-10-15 19:46:43

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Hi :-)

plg wrote:

r the user set a specific title, where he can use the syntax [lang=default]Little suprise![/lang][lang=fr]Petite surpise[/lang]

if [extension by Piwigo Team] Extended Description is activated

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#4 2014-11-09 04:21:43

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

JanisV wrote:

Hello,

[extension by JanisV] Menu Random Photo - adds "A random photo" block into menu.

I was curious if you have any intention of porting this script over to other CMS...for example, I love PiwigoMedia for linking photos into WordPress, but it doesn't have a random option to go into a widget. This has the random option, but not the link to WordPress. :)

I unfortunately don't have any of the skills needed to do it, so thought I would ask if it might be on your planned list.

Paul

#5 2014-11-09 06:20:16

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

PolyWogg wrote:

JanisV wrote:

Hello,

I was curious if you have any intention of porting this script over to other CMS...for example, I love PiwigoMedia for linking photos into WordPress, but it doesn't have a random option to go into a widget. This has the random option, but not the link to WordPress. :)

I unfortunately don't have any of the skills needed to do it, so thought I would ask if it might be on your planned list.

Paul

Hi :-)

Have you test PiwigoPress ?

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#6 2014-11-09 07:15:52

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

I have, but the shortcode generator doesn't seem to work at all for me. For the widgets, I can get the link, but it won't show a photo.

P.

#7 2015-03-25 14:18:32

plg
Piwigo Team
Nantes, France, Europe
2002-04-05

Hi JanisV,

I have encountered a bug with the plugin today : if there are no photo, the SQL query fails:

Code:

SELECT
    i.id as image_id,
    i.file as image_file,
    i.comment,
    i.path,
    c.id as catid,
    c.name,
    c.permalink,
    i.name as imgname

FROM categories c
    JOIN image_category ic ON ic.category_id = c.id
    JOIN images i ON i.id = ic.image_id

WHERE i.id IN ()
    AND i.level <= 0
 AND c.id NOT IN (0)  ORDER BY RAND() LIMIT 25;

the problem is "IN ()", tell me if you want me to fix it directly :-)

#8 2016-02-06 16:32:49

quidam34

Hello

Bravo for this plug-in! A question: how to make "Menu random Photo" also appears on the home page and not only when I am in a photo album? I would like it to be present all the time. Detail may be important, I also use "additional pages" and then he does not appear. Thank you for your response.  Quidam

#9 2016-02-06 23:50:57

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

Must be your use of additional pages, unless it is the choice of themes...mine appears on my home page (http://polywogg.ca/photos/)

PolyWogg

#10 2016-02-06 23:54:33

PolyWogg
2014-08-17

Oh, sorry, realized I am not using the Random plugin, just Advanced Menu Manager sub options.

#11 2016-02-07 08:22:50

quidam34

hello,

Thank you what I could change to make it work?

jean-michel

Board footer