Announcement

•  » Extensions
  •  » Batch Downloader not generating for "original" size

#1 2014-02-02 05:49:09

emanspeaks
2014-02-02

Batch Downloader not generating for "original" size

Hello,

The Batch Downloader plugin appears to have some issue with generating zip files when I choose "original" for the image size.  It works for all other size options.  The "original" size worked before I upgraded to Piwigo 2.6.1 from 2.5 and thus the latest version of the plugin.

I do not receive any warning or error messages, but the download page just sits displaying only the "download info" frame.  The lower frame with the progress bar/download links never appears.  Again, this only happens when I choose "Original."

Any help would be appreciated!

#2 2014-02-02 10:29:10

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Re: Batch Downloader not generating for "original" size

Hello

there is no progress bar because there is nothing to generate

please give the url of your website

#3 2014-02-02 22:28:13

emanspeaks
2014-02-02

My gallery is on an internal network, so I don't have a URL to share.

I understand the progress bar not appearing because there is nothing to generate as far as resizing the images, but I still need to download the collection as a zip file at original size.  I am never presented with a link to the zip file if I choose "original." Looking in the ./_data/download_archives folder, it appears the zip file is never created if I choose "original."

#4 2014-03-01 13:31:56

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Well I don't know what to say

perhaps a directory permission problem combined with the fact you hide PHP errors

#5 2014-05-09 07:12:01

kohenkatz
2014-05-09

mistic100 wrote:

there is no progress bar because there is nothing to generate

That's not true - the thing that needs to be generated is the ZIP file!

I have also seen this problem.  I specifically need to allow users of my site to batch download the original images but NOT to batch download any other sizes.  I tried setting the plugin to allow Batch Downloads of originals only, but the plugin does not generate the ZIP file containing the original images.  As @emanspeaks says, it just sits there with no status/progress and no download link.  When I switch to use XXL images as the default download size, the download works exactly as expected.

(Note: I currently do not have any public albums on my site, so you can't see the issue there.  I have provided screenshots of what happens with a private album.)

Last edited by kohenkatz (2014-05-09 07:12:57)

#6 2014-05-09 08:46:20

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

Thanks I know how my plugin works...

The progress bar is only used for missing images. Not the zip.

And still don't have any clue on this issue (specially without an concrete example)

#7 2014-05-09 16:47:20

kohenkatz
2014-05-09

I thought it was perfectly clear from my post what the problem is, but seems like it's not, so I'll try again.

The problem is that it is impossible to download a zip file of the original images using this plugin.  Choosing to download another size works perfectly.  Choosing to download the originals just sits there without a download link.

Since the plugin options allow selecting to download the original images, the fact that there doesn't seem to be a way to download them sounds like a bug to me.

How can I allow downloads of batches of original files?

Last edited by kohenkatz (2014-05-09 16:47:48)

#8 2014-05-10 19:09:07

mistic100
Former Piwigo Team
Lyon (FR)
2008-09-27

And what exactly made you think I didn't understand ?
I already understand the problem when emanspeaks evokes it, don't need to repeat the exact same thing

but my answer is the same : without an working example I can't do anything (that implies I don't reproduce it)

#9 2014-11-03 06:07:26

trc777
2014-11-03

Hello,

I have the same problem. I am able to provide you with the link to test/reproduce it, but I'd prefer to do so via some private message (rather than post it on forum). Is it possible? When I click "email" under your username I get "You do not have permission to access this page."

•  » Extensions
  •  » Batch Downloader not generating for "original" size

Board footer