Announcement

#1 2014-11-28 08:42:57

lkami
2014-11-28

disable direct access to photo links + beginners questions

Hi all,

i just installed Piwigo 7.1 and like it a lot, but i am concerned about this security issue: When i know a direct URL of a photo, i can watch/download it and the builtin user rights are overridden.

How to protect this? Is there a prepared .htaccess somewhere and where to put it?

Also i was wondering, why there are 3 folders with photos in it: _data, galleries and upload ? Can i put it into 1 photo directory only somehow?

And finally: Do i need to do something so that nobody can repeat the install.php?

#2 2014-11-28 09:30:54

flop25
Piwigo Team
2006-07-06

Re: disable direct access to photo links + beginners questions

Hello
please search before asking ; those has been answered many times before. for yourself you would get the answer directly and for us it's more time to improve Piwigo

deny for all, local config

temporary folder, ftp+synchro folder, other uploads folder

No ; nobody can redo the process

To get a better help : Politeness like Hello-A link-Your past actions precisely described
Check my extensions : more than 30 available
who I am and what I do : http://fr.gravatar.com/flop25
My gallery : an illustration of how to integrate Piwigo in your website

#3 2014-11-28 09:40:47

lkami
2014-11-28

Re: disable direct access to photo links + beginners questions

Sorry! - You are right and in the meantime i found this and it works for me:

http://piwigo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p … 53#p155153

I just didn't have an idea what to search for. And i really think, that this local config file and the .htaccess should be shipped and installed during installation. It makes it safer.

And - maybe you have reasons like permissions that i dont know, but i would prefer to have this 3 folders under 1 root - nowi have to put .htaccess 3x - ok it's not a big issue, but it's morelikely so to forget one of the 3

Anyway - thanks for this really good web gallery!

Board footer