Announcement

#1 2015-05-10 19:29:27

TheRealShadowHunter

Favorite to Piwigo including username and password (for grand parents)

Hello,

First timer poster, 5 years user.

A question to help my parents and parents in law:

Would it possible to create URL that contains the username and password? And so create a favorite? A bit like passing PHP variables so to say...

Needless to say I tried to to write down the login credentials, used remember me function, password manager... eventually all fails for them :-)

Safety is not considered an issue. It is run-of-the-mill grand children themed web album hosted on my home server.

Thanks a ton and keep up the incredible work. Love Piwigo! (and kudos for the JSVideo plugin as well)

With best regards,

ShadowHunter

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.6.3
MySQL version: 5.6.16

#2 2015-05-10 20:09:49

deheme
France
2014-12-12

Re: Favorite to Piwigo including username and password (for grand parents)

Hi SH
I would suggest eventcats that does exactly (almost) what you said, it autoconnect the users: http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=326

Then you may try password protect which give a (limited) privacy : http://piwigo.org/ext/extension_view.php?eid=597

If security is really not an issue, you may also have public album,no need to deal with login/password, but your albums are public ;-)

Enjoy!
DéHème

#3 2015-05-10 21:03:56

TheRealShadowHunter

Hello deheme,

Thanks for your fast feedback... I'll have a look at that plugin but still was hoping somewhat in the line off simply adding some variables to the URL:

www.mypiwigoalbum.com?user=shadowhunter&password=123456

If the login is a form that is submitted is should be rather straight forward? But I guess some more session related stuff will be involved...

Despised my security statement, I don't want the pics on simply on public display ;-)

Again, thanks for your response.

With best regards,

ShadowHunter

#4 2015-05-12 20:40:31

TheRealShadowHunter

No one? Does this confirm it cannot be done as simple as I thought? :-(

#5 2015-05-13 01:35:28

Hoser
Utah
2015-01-14

You could write a custom webpage that you set as a favorite.
On this webpage you could POST to the API your login credentials, then forward the page to the specific album you want. You could even have the webpage take URI parameters and use them in the POST.

The API call you want to make is pwg.session.login (API docs: http://piwigo.org/demo/tools/ws.htm)
That's what I would do. Probably more work than you would like to do... lol.

#6 2015-05-14 22:28:17

TheRealShadowHunter

Hi Hoser,

Well, that is not too shabby :-)

Thank you for pointing me to the API, I had no idea it existed... it is indeed more work than I expected but not unmanageable at all.

I guess this is my best option.

Thanks!

With best regards,

ShadowHunter

Board footer