Announcement

#1 2015-06-19 22:53:43

gvaldez
Harrison, Arkansas (USA)
2015-06-19

Issue with Additional pages Plugin on Smart Pocket Theme

Hello,

I am having difficulty trying to get the "Additional Pages" Plugin to work correctly with "Smart Pocket" theme. When I go to create a homepage, a link shows up in the front-end menu, but the content is not rendering the basic text. I'm lost here. I tried using another theme, and the content shows up. I even tried a stand alone page and it works, but it's just basic, no theme.... and I really want to keep the theme consistent. Any point in the right direction is appreciated. I don't want to quit. I'm not knowledgeable with Javascript or even the JQuery part of it. I do know HTML, CSS, and I'm currently studying PHP. I am somewhat new to PIWIGO. I do not know the structure as far as processing goes. I provided a link to my website below for refrence

Piwigo version: 2.7.4
PHP version: 5.3.6
MySQL version: 5.1.55
Piwigo URL: http://www.valdezart.com

#2 2015-06-20 07:18:35

gvaldez
Harrison, Arkansas (USA)
2015-06-19

Re: Issue with Additional pages Plugin on Smart Pocket Theme

I found a temporary work around for the meantime. I am still interested in knowing where all to look. May be able to find this bug or someone with more knowledge is able to on the fly. Thanks.

#3 2015-06-21 23:14:20

gvaldez
Harrison, Arkansas (USA)
2015-06-19

I was having issues with the standalone page not showing up on mobile device. I was able to find the function 'mobile_theme()' and commented out everything in it. It worked, but I still do not know why it does not work on mobile_theme yet, I am new to debugging PHP. I remember coming across a part about loading plugins based on device type, I think that's right lol. I've been searching so much and lost where. Hope I am able to figure something out soon. Will update on my progress periodically.

#4 2015-06-23 20:23:57

gvaldez
Harrison, Arkansas (USA)
2015-06-19

Hi, I believe that I may have found the solution. Inside the Smart Pocket Theme, there is a Template named index.tpl, As I was searching inside the Additional Pages main.inc.php file, I saw the function:

function ap_common_init()
{
  if (defined('EXTENDED_DESC_PATH'))
  {
    add_event_handler('AP_render_content', 'get_extended_desc');
    add_event_handler('AP_render_title', 'get_user_language_desc');
  }
}

I am thinking that this extended description is not being called and here is the code for index.tpl

<div data-role="content">
{if !empty($CATEGORIES)}{$CATEGORIES}{/if}
{if !empty($THUMBNAILS)}{$THUMBNAILS}{/if}
{if !empty($CONTENT_DESCRIPTION)}
<div class="additional_info">
    {$CONTENT_DESCRIPTION}
</div>
{/if}
{if !empty($CONTENT)}{$CONTENT}{/if}
</div>

There has to be something missing in index.tpl file that is not calling the content to display. Any help will be appreciated, I love this theme.

#5 2015-06-28 00:08:57

gvaldez
Harrison, Arkansas (USA)
2015-06-19

I gave up unfortunately. I started using the Modus theme, working good so far.

Board footer