Announcement

#1 2015-08-17 08:14:14

Sandshark
2015-08-03

Default language English [US]

First off, it appears the what is listed in Piwigo 2.7.4 as "English [UK]" is supposed to be "English [US]", at least from the way words are spelled.  Then, in Configuration/Languages, there is no way to select a new default, it stays as English [GB].  Lastly, it does seem to default to English [GB] when I enter as a guest regardless of the fact that I have en-US selected in my browser.

Individual language selection by a registered user seems to work.

I doubt these are all separate problems, I think there must be some basic language function that's broken.

I have installed no plug-ins and made no configuration changes that should affect this.  I saw some previous messages about this, but didn't want to resurrect an old topic that was for a previous version.

Not so big a problem for us Yanks, who can usually still read the Queen's English. But for those who speak no English at all, a big one, I would think.

#2 2015-08-17 08:27:59

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Re: Default language English [US]

Hi :-)

By default piwigo chose language in your Web browser.

if language isn't definie, default language piwigo

you can add in your local config

$conf['browser_language'] = false;

and Web browser no dedect only default language

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#3 2015-08-17 08:30:12

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

You can change default language

Go to Administration -> Configuration  -> Languages

you can click 'Default' for chose default language

You love Piwigo so don't hesitate to participate, learn more on the "Contribute to Piwigo" page. If you don't have much time for contribution, you can also help the project with a donation.

#4 2015-08-18 00:21:43

Sandshark
2015-08-03

ddtddt wrote:

No, I can't.  As I said in the original message, that does not function properly.

#5 2015-08-18 00:24:22

Sandshark
2015-08-03

ddtddt wrote:

By default piwigo chose language in your Web browser.

if language isn't definie, default language piwigo

you can add in your local config

$conf['browser_language'] = false;

and Web browser no dedect only default language

No, it did not choose the language in my browser, which is US English.  I know I can override that, that isn't what I want to do.  I want to make it work as it is supposed to but is not.  It would make no difference to disable it, anyway, since I have attempted to change the default language and that is also broken.

#6 2015-08-18 06:22:36

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Sandshark wrote:

ddtddt wrote:

No, I can't.  As I said in the original message, that does not function properly.

language is activate ?

#7 2015-08-18 06:23:26

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

Have you a link

private if you want

#8 2015-08-25 06:52:52

Sandshark
2015-08-03

ddtddt wrote:

Sandshark wrote:

ddtddt wrote:

language is activate ?

Well, it seems it actually did work, but did not show that it did until I rebooted.  Maybe that was a browser cache issue, not Piwigo, I can't say.  It certainly didn't give any indication that it did anything, not even refresh the page.

It still doesn't seem to pick up the browser language properly, either in the initial installation or for a new user.  But since it's for a small group of all US English speakers, it's not really likely to become an issue for me.

And it does still call it "UK" English instead of "US".  Based on the spellings, it sure looks like "US" to me (as opposed to "GB").

#9 2015-08-25 19:12:51

ddtddt
Piwigo Team
Quetigny - France
2007-07-27

if you want participe to update US tou can do to http://piwigo.org/translate/ ;-)

#10 2015-09-08 01:54:19

Sandshark
2015-08-03

ddtddt wrote:

if you want participe to update US tou can do to http://piwigo.org/translate/ ;-)

OK, so there is no English[US] (en-US) currently available?  That would explain the fact that it defaulted to English[GB] instead.  But I have never heard of English[UK] (en-UK?) as a valid language tag.  In fact, every reference I have looked up says en-GB is English, United Kingdom.

Board footer